|Directed by||Mat Whitecross|
|26 October 2016|
|Box office||$1.5 million|
Oasis: Supersonic is a 2016 British music documentary directed by Mat Whitecross. Asif Kapadia and James Gay-Rees, already awarded with an Oscar for the film Amy, worked on this film respectively as executive producer and film producer. The Production Companies associated with the film are Mint Pictures, Nemperor and On The Corner Films and is distributed in the UK by Entertainment One and Lorton Distribution.
The film details the history of the Britpop band Oasis during their formative years and the height of their success in the 1990s, featuring off-screen interviews with members of the band and people associated with them, set to archive video of concerts, contemporaneous interviews and backstage footage.
Oasis: Supersonic opened in theatres for 16 days. It has grossed $242,867 in the United States and Canada and $1.2 million in other countries for a worldwide total of $1.5 million, and sales of its DVD/Blu-ray releases have cashed $141,837.
Oasis: Supersonic received positive reviews from critics. On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 84%, based on 55 reviews, with an average score of 7.1/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "Oasis: Supersonic forgoes a comprehensive approach to its multi-platinum subjects in favor of an appreciative—and stirring—look at their heady early years." On Metacritic, the film has a score of 71 out of 100, based on 16 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews."
- "Oasis: Supersonic (2016)". The Numbers. Nash Information Services. Retrieved 24 February 2018.
- Robey, Tim (14 October 2016). "Supersonic review: Oasis's glory days documentary indulges Noel and Liam's bad behaviour". The Daily Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group. Retrieved 8 June 2017.
- Orr, Collin (1 November 2016). "Lyric Movie Review: Oasis documentary 'Supersonic' provides front row seat to the band's history". Rocky Mountain Collegian. Colorado State University. Retrieved 8 June 2017.
- Kaye, Ben (16 May 2016). "Oasis documentary Supersonic coming from Amy filmmakers this fall". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 7 March 2017.
- Stinson, Annakeara (6 September 2016). "Supersonic Trailer: Oasis Doc From Amy Filmmakers Explores the Turbulent, Iconic Rockers". IndieWire. Penske Business Media. Retrieved 7 March 2017.
- "Oasis: Supersonic (2016): Company Credits". IMDb. Amazon. Retrieved 8 June 2017.
- Barker, Andrew (4 November 2016). "Film Review: 'Oasis: Supersonic'". Variety. Penske Business Media. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- Britton, Luke Morgan (4 November 2016). "Noel Gallagher says Oasis documentary will leave out the 'monstrous drug taking'". NME. Time UK. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "Oasis: Supersonic". Box Office Mojo. Amazon. Retrieved 22 November 2018.
- "Oasis: Supersonic (2016)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango. Retrieved 3 October 2020.
- "Oasis: Supersonic Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 7 March 2017.