Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up OASIS, Oasis, or oasis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An oasis is an isolated area of vegetation in a desert.
Oasis or The Oasis may also refer to:
- Oasis (Casablanca), a neighborhood of Casablanca, Morocco
- Oasis crater, Libya
- Oasis, Iowa, U.S.
- Oasis, Mendocino County, California, U.S.
- Oasis, Mono County, California, U.S.
- Oasis, Nevada, U.S.
- Oasis, New Mexico, U.S.
- Oasis, Riverside County, California, U.S.
- Oasis, Utah, U.S.
- Oasis, Wisconsin, U.S.
Types of places
- Antarctic oasis, a large area naturally free of snow and ice in the otherwise ice-covered continent of Antarctica
- Illinois Tollway oasis, a type of highway rest area
- Urban oasis, an open space in an urban setting
Computing and technology
- OASIS (organization), an information technology standards consortium
- Oasis (software), a surveillance tracking program
- OASIS operating system, an operating system developed and distributed in 1977
- Open Access Same-Time Information System, an electric power transmission management system
- Open Architecture System Integration Strategy, the philosophy behind the Apple Macintosh computer
- Open Artwork System Interchange Standard, an integrated circuit design layout computer file format
Arts, entertainment and media
- Oasis, a character from the webcomic Sluggy Freelance
- Ontologically Anthropocentric Sensory Immersive Simulation (OASIS), a virtual reality simulator accessible by players in the novel Ready Player One
- Oasis (video game), for Microsoft Windows
- Oasis (1955 film), a French adventure film
- Oasis (2002 film), a South Korean film
- The Oasis (2008 film), an Australian documentary
- Oasis (anthology), a poetry collection published during World War II
- The Oasis (novel) (1949), by Mary McCarthy
- The Oasis, a 1999 novel by Pauline Gedge
- The Oasis, a 2001 novel by Petru Popescu
- The Oasis, an 1834 anti-slavery gift book by abolitionist Lydia Maria Child
- Oasis, a 1988 novel by Patricia Matthews
- Oasis, a 1996 teen novel by Gregory Maguire
- Oasis (1980s band), a short-lived English music group
- Oasis (American band), active in the 1970s
- Oasis (band), an English rock band (1991–2009)
- Oasis (Roberta Flack album), 1988
- Oasis, an album by Kitarō, 1979
- Oasis (Eric Marienthal album), 1991
- Oasis (Akinori Nakagawa album), 2005
- Oasis (Oasis album), 1984
- Oasis (O.C. and A.G. album), 2009
- Oasis (Shirley Scott album), 1989
- "Oasis" (Do As Infinity song), 2000
- "Oasis" (Roberta Flack song), 1988
- "Oasis" (Amir song), 2015
- "Oasis" (Gackt song), 2000
- "Oasis", a song by Amanda Palmer from Who Killed Amanda Palmer
- "Oasis", a song by Maynard Ferguson from New Vintage
Television and radio
- "Oasis" (Star Trek: Enterprise), a television episode
- Oasis (1993 TV series), a British drama series set in South London
- Oasis (2017 film), a pilot episode of an intended 2017 British television drama series
- Astro Oasis, a Malaysian television station
- Oasis HD, former name of the Canadian English language specialty channel Love Nature
- KOAS or The Oasis, a radio station in Las Vegas
Brands and enterprises
- Oasis (drink), a non-carbonated bottled soft drink, a product of Orangina Schweppes
- Oasis (hotel and casino), Mesquite, Nevada, U.S.
- OASIS International Hospital, a private hospital in Beijing, China
- Oasis Mall, Saudi Arabia
- Oasis Petroleum, an American oil company
- Oasis Restaurant, Texas, U.S.
- Oasis Shopping Centre, Australia
- Oasis Stores, a chain of clothes shops
- The Oasis Centre, a shopping centre in Birmingham, England, UK
- Oasis Leisure Centre, a swimming pool and leisure complex in Swindon
- Oasis (horticulture), a brand of foam used in flower arranging
- Oasis (spa), a New York City Day Spa founded in 1998
- Oasis Drive-In, a restaurant located in Caledonia, Ontario Canada
- Oasis Commission, a ministry of the Episcopal Church to LGBT people
- Oasis Charitable Trust, a UK-based Christian charity
- Oasis International Foundation, a center for religious studies in Italy
- OASIS (center), a U.S national educational organization
- Isuzu Oasis, a minivan
- Gin Oasis, a South Korean paraglider design
- MS Oasis of the Seas, a 2009 Royal Caribbean cruise ship
- Oasis Airlines, a defunct Spanish-based company
- Oasis Hong Kong Airlines, a long-haul Asian airline
- Oasis LRT station, a light rail station in Singapore
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Oasis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.