(Redirected from Oasis (film))
|Look up oasis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An oasis is an isolated area of vegetation in a desert.
Oasis or The Oasis may also refer to:
- 1 Places
- 2 Computing and technology
- 3 Arts, entertainment and media
- 4 Brands and enterprises
- 5 Christian and charitable organisations
- 6 Education
- 7 Transport
- 8 Other uses
- 9 See also
- Oasis (Casablanca), a neighborhood of Casablanca, Morocco
- Oasis crater, Libya
- Oasis, Iowa, U.S.
- Oasis, Mendocino County, California, U.S.
- Oasis, Mono County, California, U.S.
- Oasis, Nevada, U.S.
- Oasis, Riverside County, California, U.S.
- Oasis, Utah, U.S.
- Oasis, Wisconsin, U.S.
Types of places
- Antarctic oasis
- Illinois Tollway oasis, a type of highway rest area
- Urban oasis, an open space in an urban setting
Computing and technology
- OASIS (organization), an information technology standards consortium
- Oasis (software), a surveillance tracking program
- OASIS operating system
- Open Access Same-Time Information System, an electric power transmission management system
- Open Architecture System Integration Strategy, the philosophy behind the Apple Macintosh computer
- Open Artwork System Interchange Standard, an integrated circuit design layout computer file format
- OASIS.MASK, a constrained version of the above
Arts, entertainment and media
- Oasis, a character from the webcomic Sluggy Freelance
- OASIS, a worldwide virtual reality simulator system in the novel Ready Player One
- Oasis (1955 film), a French adventure film
- Oasis (1972 film), a Czech-Soviet war film
- Oasis (2002 film), a South Korean film
- The Oasis (2008 film), an Australian documentary
- Oasis (video game), for Microsoft Windows
- Oasis (anthology), a poetry collection published during World War II
- The Oasis (novel) (1949), by Mary McCarthy
- The Oasis, a 1999 novel by Pauline Gedge
- The Oasis, a 2001 novel by Petru Popescu
- The Oasis, an 1834 anti-slavery "gift book" by abolitionist Lydia Maria Child
- Oasis, a 1988 novel by Patricia Matthews
- Oasis, a 1996 teen novel by Gregory Maguire
- Oasis (1980s band), a short-lived English music group
- Oasis (American band), active in the 1970s
- Oasis (band), an English rock band (1991–2009)
- Oasis (Roberta Flack album) (1988)
- Oasis, an album by Kitarō (1979)
- Oasis (Eric Marienthal album) (1991)
- Oasis (Akinori Nakagawa album) (2005)
- Oasis (Oasis album) (1980)
- Oasis (O.C. & A.G. album) (2009)
- Oasis (Shirley Scott album) (1989)
- "Oasis" (Do As Infinity song) (2000)
- "Oasis" (Roberta Flack song) (1988)
- "Oasis", a 2015 song by French Israeli singer Amir Haddad
- "Oasis", a song by Amanda Palmer from Who Killed Amanda Palmer
- "Oasis", a song by Maynard Ferguson from New Vintage
Television and radio
- "Oasis" (Star Trek: Enterprise), a television episode
- Oasis (1993 TV series), a British drama series set in South London
- Oasis (2017 TV series), a British drama series based on Michael Faber's The Book Of Strange New Things
- Astro Oasis, a Malaysian television station
- Oasis HD, former name of the Canadian English language specialty channel Love Nature
- KOAS or The Oasis, a radio station in Las Vegas
Brands and enterprises
- Oasis (drink)
- Oasis (hotel and casino), Mesquite, Nevada, U.S.
- Oasis Mall, Saudi Arabia
- Oasis Petroleum, an American oil company
- Oasis Restaurant, Texas, U.S.
- Oasis Shopping Centre, Australia
- Oasis Stores, a chain of clothes shops
- The Oasis Centre, a shopping centre in Birmingham, England, UK
- Oasis Leisure Centre, a swimming pool and leisure complex in Swindon
Christian and charitable organisations
- Oasis Commission, a ministry of the Episcopal Church to LGBT people
- Oasis Trust, a UK-based Christian charity
- OASIS (center), a U.S national educational organization
- Isuzu Oasis, a minivan
- Gin Oasis, a South Korean paraglider design
- MS Oasis of the Seas, a Royal Caribbean cruise ship
- Oasis Airlines, a defunct Spanish-based company
- Oasis Hong Kong Airlines
- Oasis LRT Station, a light rail station in Singapore
- Oasis (horticulture), a brand of foam used in flower arranging
- Ontologically Anthropocentric Sensory Immersive Simulation, a fictional simulated reality sandbox video game that is the basis of the Ready Player One novel.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Oasis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.