Oasis Academy Mayfield
|Motto||Dream it, Believe it, Achieve it.|
|Location||The Grove (pedestrian entrance)
Ashley Crescent (vehicle entrance)
The Academy was established in 2008, when two local secondary schools merged; Woolston School Language College in Porchester Road, Woolston, and Grove Park Business and Enterprise College in the Grove, Weston. Due to the number of combined students, the Academy initially operated as a split site with the Key Stage 3 students (Years 7, 8 & 9) being taught at The Grove and Key Stage 4 students (Years 10 & 11) being taught at Porchester Road.
In the early months of forming a new Academy, both students and staff faced a number of challenges as they adjusted to teaching and learning across the split site. Following a meeting between parents and local MP, John Denham, acting Head Ruth Johnson was replaced by John Toland on 24 November 2008, who officially took up the post of Principal on 2 March 2009.
On 21 February 2012, students and staff moved into their new £15 million state-of-the-art building which was officially opened by the Mayor and Mayoress of Southampton. Their most recent Ofsted confirmed that 'achievement is rapidly improving' and praised the hard work of staff and students since their last visit.
- "School's out... forever". The Southern Daily Echo. Newsquest Media Group. 4 July 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-21.
- Smith, Matt (23 October 2008). "Oasis Academy Mayfield head Ruth Johnson speaks out". NewsQuest. Retrieved 2009-01-22.
- "Dozens of pupils go on rampage at school". The Southern Daily Echo. Newsquest Media Group. 20 October 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-20.
- "City's new academy head resigns". BBC News. BBC. 24 November 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-24.
- "Head teacher resigns from city school after parents complaints". The Southern Daily Echo. Newsquest Media Group. 24 November 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-24.
- "New Principal for Oasis Academy Mayfield". 2008-11-24. Retrieved 2008-11-24.[dead link]
- "John Toland is here to stay!". 2009-05-03.