Oasis Shopping Centre
|Owner||Abacus Property Group (40%)|
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (60%)
|Total retail floor area||22,338 m2 (240,440 sq ft)|
|No. of floors||3|
Oasis Shopping Centre Monorail
The Oasis Monorail connected the beach, shopping, Sofitel Gold Coast resort and Jupiters Hotel & Casino. It had two stations on level 2 of The Oasis and a station at Conrad Jupiters Casino. Originally known as the Gol'Coasta, the monorail opened to passengers in 1989 along with the shopping centre. In 2001 the operator acquired the majority of the track and the trains originally used at the Merry Hill Shopping Centre in England. In late 2013 the monorail closed for maintenance reopening to passengers on 18 December 2014. It closed on 29 January 2017.
- Abacus, KKR nab Oasis mall on Queensland's Gold Coast for $103m The Australian 14 February 2015
- Oasis Shopping Centre Abacus Property Group
- Kathleen Skene (28 December 2014). "Future of iconic Broadbeach monorail is uncertain after four-month wait for Oasis Shopping train". Gold Coast Bulletin. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "Monorails of Australia; Oasis-Jupiter, Broadbeach". Archived from the original on 28 August 2010. Retrieved 8 September 2010.
- Monorail back in business today from Oasis Shopping Centre to Casino Gold Coast Bulletin 18 December 2014
- Broadbeach Monorail will shut down in 2017 as Oasis plans major revamp for new restaurants Gold Coast Bulletin 9 December 2016
- Gold Coast Monorail to close this weekend My Gold Coast 27 January 2017