|• Total||32.90 km2 (12.70 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,130 m (3,710 ft)|
|• Density||27/km2 (71/sq mi)|
|Surrounded by||Alpthal, Einsiedeln, Illgau, Muotathal, Schwyz, Unteriberg|
Oberiberg has an area, as of 2006[update], of 32.8 km2 (12.7 sq mi). Of this area, 50.2% is used for agricultural purposes, while 39.1% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 1.9% is settled (buildings or roads) and the remainder (8.8%) is non-productive (rivers, glaciers or mountains).
Oberiberg has a population (as of 31 December 2017) of 888. As of 2007[update], 7.1% of the population was made up of foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years the population has grown at a rate of 4.7%. Most of the population (as of 2000[update]) speaks German (98.2%), with Portuguese being second most common ( 0.4%) and Albanian being third ( 0.3%).
As of 2000[update] the gender distribution of the population was 51.7% male and 48.3% female. The age distribution, as of 2008[update], in Oberiberg is; 150 people or 20.9% of the population is between 0 and 19. 189 people or 26.3% are 20 to 39, and 260 people or 36.2% are 40 to 64. The senior population distribution is 61 people or 8.5% are 65 to 74. There are 54 people or 7.5% who are 70 to 79 and 4 people or 0.56% of the population who are over 80.
Oberiberg has an unemployment rate of 0.8%. As of 2005[update], there were 98 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 41 businesses involved in this sector. 41 people are employed in the secondary sector and there are 11 businesses in this sector. 134 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 49 businesses in this sector.
From the 2000 census[update], 557 or 77.6% are Roman Catholic, while 95 or 13.2% belonged to the Swiss Reformed Church. Of the rest of the population, there are 5 individuals (or about 0.70% of the population) who belong to the Orthodox Church. There are less than 5 individuals who are Islamic. 33 (or about 4.60% of the population) belong to no church, are agnostic or atheist, and 24 individuals (or about 3.34% of the population) did not answer the question.
The historical population is given in the following table:
Oberiberg has an average of 163.6 days of rain per year and on average receives 1,952 mm (76.9 in) of precipitation. The wettest month is July during which time Oberiberg receives an average of 237 mm (9.3 in) of precipitation. During this month there is precipitation for an average of 15.4 days. The month with the most days of precipitation is June, with an average of 16.5, but with only 230 mm (9.1 in) of precipitation. The driest month of the year is October with an average of 115 mm (4.5 in) of precipitation over 15.4 days.
- "Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeinden nach 4 Hauptbereichen". Federal Statistical Office. Retrieved 13 January 2019.
- "Ständige Wohnbevölkerung nach Staatsangehörigkeitskategorie Geschlecht und Gemeinde; Provisorische Jahresergebnisse; 2018". Federal Statistical Office. 9 April 2019. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- Oberiberg in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 31-Aug-2009
- "STAT-TAB – Ständige und nichtständige Wohnbevölkerung nach institutionellen Gliederungen, Geburtsort und Staatsangehörigkeit" (online database) (official site) (in German and French). Neuchâtel, Switzerland: Federal Statistical Office - FSO. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- Canton Schwyz Statistics Archived June 9, 2011, at the Wayback Machine ‹See Tfd›(in German) accessed 27 August 2009
- "Temperature and Precipitation Average Values-Table, 1961-1990" (in German, French, and Italian). Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology - MeteoSwiss. Archived from the original on 27 June 2009. Retrieved 8 May 2009., the weather station elevation is 1087 meters above sea level.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Oberiberg.|