Objective Interface Systems
Research and development
|Founded||Reston, Virginia (1989)|
|Headquarters||Herndon, Virginia, United States|
|Bill Beckwith, CEO/CTO|
Objective Interface Systems, Inc. is a computer communications software and hardware company. The company's headquarters are in Herndon, Virginia, USA. OIS develops, manufactures, licenses, and supports software and hardware products that generally fit into one or more of the following markets:
- Real-time communications middleware software and hardware
- Embedded communications middleware software and hardware
- High-performance communications middleware software and hardware
- Secure communications software and hardware
A popular OIS product is the ORBexpress CORBA middleware software. ORBexpress is most popular in the real-time and embedded computer markets. OIS supports the software version ORBexpress on more than 2,200 computing platforms (combinations of the versions of CPU families, operating systems, and language compilers). OIS also has FPGA versions of ORBexpress to allow hardware blocks on an FPGA to interoperate with software.
OIS engineers invented a form of communications security called the Partitioning Communication System or PCS. The PCS a technical architecture that protects multiple Information Flows from influencing each other when communicated on a single network wire. The PCS is best implemented on a software separation operating system such as SELinux or a separation kernel.
OIS's communications products are most frequently found in the enterprise, telecom/datacom, mil/aero, medical, robotics, process control and transportation industries. Objective Interface is a privately held company and has developed software products since 1989 and hardware products since 2001.
The Company is actively involved with various standards groups including:
- Common Criteria
- Network Centric Operations Industry Consortium
- Object Management Group (OMG)
- The Open Group
- Wireless Innovation Forum
OIS headquarters is located at 220 Spring Street, Suite 530, Herndon, VA, 20170-6201.
- Giddings, Victor (2000-07-17). "Measuring Distributed and Local Priority Inversions in Real-time ORBs" (PDF). Real-time Embedded Workshop. Object Management Group.
- Reinhart, Tod; Boettcher, Carolyn; Gandara, G. Andrew; Hama, Mark (June 2004). "Defining a Security Architecture for Real-Time Embedded Systems" (PDF). Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio: AFRL/IFTA: 12–16.
- Robillard, Lucie M.J.; Callison, H. Rebecca; Goo, Marilynn B.; Maurer, John…. "DII COE for Real Time: Becoming Reality" (PDF). CROSSTALK the Journal of Defense Software Engineering. Hill AFB: STSC. 2001-10: 19–25.
- "AIST selects OIS ORBexpress for next-gen robotics platform". Automation.com. 2008-10-27.
- Beckwith, Bill; Vanfleet, W. M. (2004-09-28). "High-Assurance Security/Safety on HPEC Systems: an Oxymoron?" (PDF). Proceedings of the Eighth Annual High Performance Embedded Computing (HPEC) Workshops. Bedford, MA. 1. ADM00001742, HPEC-7 Volume 1.
- "AFRL Successfully Demonstrates High-Assurance Security Architecture". Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio: AFRL/XP. 2006-08-22.
- Vanfleet, W. Mark; Beckwith, R. William; Calloni, Ben; Luke, Jahn A.; Taylor, Carol; Uchenick, Gordon. "MILS: Architecture for High Assurance Embedded Computing" (PDF). CROSSTALK the Journal of Defense Software Engineering. Hill AFB: STSC. 2005-08: 12–16.
- "ORBexpress RT Platforms Supported for Real-time and Embedded". OIS ORBexpress RT Real-time and Embedded webpage.
- "ORBexpress Enterprise Platforms Supported for Data Centers, Servers, and Workstations". OIS Enterprise webpage.
- "ISR Technologies selects ORBexpress middleware for Xilinx-based JTRS SDR development kit". Automation.com.
- "Real-time Communications in On-line Financial Systems". OIS Industry webpage.
- "Flexible, Robust Middleware Infrastructures in Telecommunications and Data Communications Equipment". OIS Industry webpage.
- "Military and Aerospace Applications of High-Assurance Middleware". OIS Industry webpage.
- "High-Assurance Middleware for Medical Devices". OIS Industry webpage.
- "Next Generation Architectures for Industrial Automation Robotics". OIS Industry webpage.
- "Implementing Large-Scale Process Control Systems". OIS Industry webpage.
- "Reliable, Safe Transportation Control Systems". OIS Industry webpage.