Obložené chlebíčky ("garnished breads") is an open sandwich in Czech, Polish and Slovak cuisines that is often served as an appetizer dish or as a snack. Various toppings and garnishes are used, and it is sometimes sold as a snack food.
Obložené chlebíčky consists of sliced bread that has butter spread on it, atop which a variety of toppings may be added. Toppings used on obložené chlebíčky include various cured meats such as ham, salami and sausage, sliced hard-boiled egg, cheeses, cream cheese, cucumber, tomato, fish paste, salads and various spreads prepared with meat, vegetables or cheeses. Some vegetables such as bell pepper, pickle, tomato, radish and parsley may be used as a garnish. Veka or baguette bread may be used in its preparation. Obložené chlebíčky is sometimes prepared with the crust of the bread removed.
Obložené chlebíčky prepared with a spread, ham, hard-boiled egg, red bell pepper, pickle and parsley
- Naughton, J. (2014). Colloquial Czech. Colloquial Series. Taylor & Francis. p. 325. ISBN 978-1-317-58338-7.
- Kraig, B.; Sen, C.T. (2013). Street Food Around the World: An Encyclopedia of Food and Culture. ABC-CLIO. p. 111. ISBN 978-1-59884-955-4.
- Paulus, Roman; Pospíšilová, Iva (December 31, 2012). "Jak správně připravit obložené chlebíčky? Rady od odbornice – Dobrá chuť". Lidovky.cz (in Czech). Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- Gujral, Monish (December 23, 2015). "Czech that cheese out when in Prague". The New Indian Express. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- Baláž, P.; Darovec, M.; Trebatická, H. (1976). Slovak for Slavicists. Slovenské pedagogické Nakl. p. 205.
- Rolek, Barbara (January 1, 2010). "How to Cure a Hangover like an Eastern European". About.com Food. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Obložené chlebíčky.|
- Open Face Sandwiches (Obložené Chlebíčky). Slovakcooking.com.