The west side of the station in March 2017 after rebuilding
|Location||1792-1 Tomida, Yorii-machi, Ōsato-gun, Saitama-ken
|Operated by||Tobu Railway|
|Line(s)||Tobu Tojo Line|
|Distance||70.8 km from Ikebukuro|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Disabled access||Passenger lifts|
|Opened||10 July 1925|
|Passengers (FY2014)||1,829 daily|
Obusuma Station is served by the Tobu Tojo Line from Ikebukuro in Tokyo, and is located 70.8 km from the Ikebukuro terminus. During the daytime, the station is served by two "Local" (all-stations) trains per hour in each direction between Ogawamachi and Yorii. There are no direct trains to or from Ikebukuro.
The station consists of an island platform serving two tracks. Entrances to the station are provided on both the east and west sides, with the ticket barriers located at the south (up) end of the platform.
A storage loop used for track maintenance equipment lies to the east of the station on the site of what was formerly a freight yard.
|1||■ Tobu Tojo Line||for Yorii|
|2||■ Tobu Tojo Line||for Ogawamachi, Kawagoe, Wakōshi, and Ikebukuro|
|Tobu Tojo Line|
The station opened on July 10, 1925.
From 17 March 2012, station numbering was introduced on the Tobu Tojo Line, with Obusuma Station becoming "TJ-35".
The station building was formerly located on the east (up) side of the tracks, connected to the platforms by an overhead footbridge, with no access to the station from the west side. Prior to rebuilding, the remains of a former side platform also lay on the west side of the station.
Work to rebuild the station commenced in June 2014, completed in July 2016, with entrances on both east and west sides of the station and a new footbridge.
In fiscal 2014, the station was used by an average of 1,829 passengers daily.
- "Obusuma Station information" (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. Retrieved 18 February 2011.
- Terada, Hirokazu (July 2002). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 200. ISBN 4-87366-874-3.
- Tobu Tojo Line Timetable, published February 2011
- Kawashima, Ryozo (February 2011). 日本の鉄道 中部ライン 全線・全駅・全配線 第１１巻 埼玉南部・東京多摩北部 [Railways of Japan - Chubu Line - Lines/Stations/Track plans - Vol 11 Southern Saitama and Northern Tama Tokyo]. Japan: Kodansha. p. 35/67. ISBN 978-4-06-270071-9.
- 「東武スカイツリーライン」誕生！ あわせて駅ナンバリングを導入し、よりわかりやすくご案内します [Tobu Sky Tree Line created! Station numbering to be introduced at same time] (pdf). Tobu News (in Japanese). Tobu Railway. 9 February 2012. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- 駅情報（乗降人員） [Station information: Passenger figures] (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. 2015. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Obusuma Station.|
- Official website (Japanese)