Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up occlusion in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Occlusion may refer to:
- Ambient occlusion, a shading method used in 3D computer graphics
- Screen space ambient occlusion (SSAO), a specific implementation of the above computer graphics rendering technique
- Occlusion culling or hidden surface determination, a 3D computer graphics process
Health and anatomy
- Occlusion (dentistry), the manner in which the upper and lower teeth come together when the mouth is closed.
- Occlusion effect, an audio phenomenon that occurs when one closes the opening into the ear canal and the loudness of low pitched sounds increases
- Occlusion miliaria, a skin condition that is accompanied by anhidrosis and increased susceptibility to heat
- Vascular occlusion, blockage of a blood vessel
- Vascular occlusion training or blood flow restriction training is a technique done by some bodybuilders
- Occlusion training (disambiguation)
- Occlusive, a stop consonant in which the vocal tract is blocked so that all airflow ceases
- Occlusive dressing, an air- and water-tight trauma dressing used in first aid
- Occultation, when one object is hidden by another object that passes between it and the observer
- Occlusal trauma, damage incurred when teeth are left in traumatic occlusion without proper treatment
- Occluded front, part of cyclone formation
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Occlusion.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.