Occupation 101: Voice of the Silenced Majority is a 2006 documentary film on the Israeli–Palestinian conflict directed by Sufyan Omeish and Abdallah Omeish, and narrated by Alison Weir, founder of If Americans Knew. The film focuses on the effects of the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip, and discusses events from the rise of Zionism to the Second Intifada and Israel's unilateral disengagement plan, presenting its perspective through dozens of interviews, questioning the nature of Israeli–American relations—in particular, the Israeli military occupation of the West Bank and Gaza, and the ethics of US monetary involvement. Occupation 101 includes interviews with mostly American and Israeli scholars, religious leaders, humanitarian workers, and NGO representatives—more than half of whom are Jewish—who are critical of the injustices and human rights abuses stemming from Israeli policy in the West Bank, East Jerusalem, and Gaza.
The entire list of featured interviews:
- Dr. Albert Aghazarian, Director of Public Relations at Birzeit University, Palestinian Armenian
- Ambassador James E. Akins, Former U.S. Ambassador to Saudi Arabia
- Rabbi Arik Ascherman, Rabbis for Human Rights (Israeli group)
- Dr. William Baker (theologian), Christians and Muslims for Peace
- Bishop Allen Bartlett, Jr., Diocese of Washington
- Phyllis Bennis, Institute for Policy Studies, and co-chair of the U.S. Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation
- Peter Boukaert, Director of Emergencies at Human Rights Watch
- Sharon Burke, Former Advocacy Director of Amnesty International
- Professor Noam Chomsky, linguist, MIT Professor.
- Father Drew Christiansen, United States Catholic Conference
- Cindy and Craig Corrie, parents of the late solidarity activist Rachel Corrie
- Douglas Dicks, Catholic Relief Services in Jerusalem, outreach program director
- Richard Falk, 2001 United Nations Fact-finding Commission in the West Bank and Gaza
- Paul Findley. U.S. Congressman, 1961–1983
- Thomas Getman, World Vision International
- Neta Golan, Israeli co-founder of International Solidarity Movement
- Jeff Halper, Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions
- Amira Hass, Israeli journalist, Haaretz
- Doug Hostetter, Fellowship of Reconciliation
- Kathy Kamphoefner, Christian Peacemaker Team
- Adam Keller, Gush Shalom, Israeli Peace Group
- Hava Keller, Woman's Organization for Political Prisoners (Israeli group)
- Professor Rashid Khalidi, School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University
- Peretz Kidron, Israeli journalist, Yesh Gvul (Israeli peace group)
- Rabbi Michael Lerner, Founder & editor-in-chief of Tikkun magazine
- Rabbi Rebecca Lillian, Jewish Alliance for Justice and Peace
- Roger Normand, Center for Economic and Social Rights
- Allegra Pacheco, Israeli human rights lawyer
- Professor Ilan Pappe, Israeli historian – University of Haifa (now University of Exeter)
- Dr, Iyad Sarraj, Prominent Palestinian psychiatrist
- Yael Stein, B'Tselem, Israeli human rights group
- Gila Svirsky, Coalition of Women for a Just Peace, Israeli
- Ambassador Edward Walker, Former U.S. Ambassador to Israel
- Alison Weir, Founder of If Americans Knew
- Winner of the "Golden Palm" Award (highest honor given by jury) and for "Best Editing" at the 2007 International Beverly Hills Film Festival.
- Winner of the 'Artivist Award' for Best Feature Film under the category of Human Rights at the 2006 Artivist Film Festival & Awards in Hollywood.
- Winner of the Best Documentary Award (Special Recognition) at the 2007 New Orleans International Human Rights Film Festival.
- Winner of the Best Feature Film Award at the 2006 River's Edge Film Festival.
- Winner of the Best Documentary Feature Award at 2006 The Dead Center Film Festival.
- Winner of the Audience Award for Best Documentary at 2006 East Lansing Film Festival.
- Winner of the John Michaels Memorial Award at the 2006 Big Muddy Film Festival.
- Official Website of Occupation 101. See the multimedia page for movie clips.
- Occupation 101 :: Interviewees. From official Occupation101.com site.
- Screenings and awards. From official Occupation101.com site.
- "NeoFlix welcomes 'Occupation 101' – May 4, 2007" Archived March 12, 2018, at the Wayback Machine. Press release.
- Occupation 101 – Voices of the Silenced Majority Archived 2007-10-17 at the Wayback Machine. Info and awards list from Palestine Online Store site.
- 2007 Global Visions Film Festival : Film Details Archived 2008-05-14 at the Wayback Machine. Info about Occupation 101. List of awards from other film festivals.
- "'Occupation' takes home Golden Palm". By Gregg Kilday. April 18, 2007. The Hollywood Reporter. "Archived copy". Archived from the original on May 14, 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-14. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "2007 Beverly Hills Film Festival" Archived 2007-10-28 at the Wayback Machine. By John Esther. April 11, 2007. Los Angeles Journal.
- River's Edge Film Festival review of Occupation 101. Archived August 20, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- Official website
- Free Movie Broadcast in High-Definition
- Occupation 101 at IMDb
- Film review: "Occupation 101". Maureen Clare Murphy, The Electronic Intifada, Jun 27, 2007.
- Film Review: "Occupation 101". Nadia Naas Elkhatib, Institute for Middle East Understanding, Oct 19, 2006.
- "Film explores Israeli-Palestine conflict". By Gloria Er-Chua. October 19, 2007. The Queen's Journal.