Ocean FM (Ireland)
- For the British radio station, see Ocean FM (UK)
|Broadcast area||South Donegal, North Leitrim and Sligo|
|Slogan||'The perfect music mix (for the northwest)'|
|First air date||1 October 2004|
Irish (Donegal Irish)
|Owner||North West Broadcasting Ltd|
Ocean FM is a local radio station that broadcasts to parts of the northwest of Ireland. The station covers the area of south County Donegal, north County Leitrim and most of County Sligo and it broadcasts into parts of south-west County Fermanagh. It started broadcasting on 1 October 2004, replacing North West Radio (NWR). The station broadcasts from three separate locations, one in each county:
Locally owned and locally operated, Ocean FM serves all adults in County Sligo, South Donegal and North Leitrim. Their shareholders include many of the leading business people and sports personalities in the region. They broadcast news, sports, current affairs, special interest programmes across parts of the northwest.
Ocean FM covers sports events across the region with live commentary at key matches involving teams from all three counties. Studios in Colloney, County Sligo, Donegal Town and Manorhamilton allow them to broadcast to communities in every corner of their franchise area. The service is streamed live over the internet on web stream, Twitter and Facebook.
- "OCEAN FM RAN UP HUGE LOSSES AFTER TAKING OVER FROM US – COAST FM – Donegal Daily". www.donegaldaily.com.
- "Ocean FM - Your local radio station for Sligo, Donegal & Leitrim". www.oceanfm.ie.
- "Audio: Ocean FM presenter says "f**k off" live on air after prank call goes horribly wrong - JOE.ie".
- "Ocean FM retains licence - Marketing.ie". marketing.ie.
- "Ocean FM - Live Radio". www.liveradio.ie.