|Ocean Mall and Tower|
|Type||Shopping Mall, Corporate Offices|
|Cost||PKR 7 billion|
|Roof||120 m (390 ft)|
|Floor count||30 |
|Design and construction|
|Structural engineer||Mushtaq & Bilal Consulting Engineers|
Ocean Tower, formerly known as Sofitel Hotel Plaza or The Mall, is a building in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. It is located near the Karachi's sea-side area Clifton and it is the Pakistan's tallest building since 2013.
Ocean Tower was formerly Sofitel Tower (International Hotels Chain) but Sofitel abandoned its decision to build a hotel in Karachi because of the volatile security situation in the city. A private company, Siddiqson Group and Triple Tree Associates took ownership of the under-construction building and completed it in 2012. According to the CEO of the company, Tariq Rafi, the skyscraper was completed at an estimated cost of PKR 7 billion (USD 71.3 million).
Ocean Tower is a 393-foot-high (120 m) skyscraper in Karachi, though it has not been fully completed, it has been topped out, making it in the country's tallest building, and is planned to house a shopping mall,a food court, corporate offices, a business club, car-parking area and 4 cinema screens. The 30-floor skyscraper passed the 381-foot-high (116 m) tall MCB Tower as the tallest building in Pakistan. The project has its own 5-megawatt powerhouse, as compared with the 2 MW- and 1.2 MW-capacity powerhouses of MCB Tower and the Arif Habib Building respectively, and it does not rely on KESC for power. The tower uses state-of-the-art technology for monitoring heat and smoke. It has nine passenger lifts and five cargo lifts. The space in lower levels has mainly been assigned for shopping malls with offices in top levels.
- Architect: Yawar Jilani and Mahboob Khan [ARCOP Associates Pvt. Ltd.]
- Construction Companies: Siddiqsons, Rafiqsons, Paragon Constructors Pvt. Ltd.
- Owner : AAA Associates.
- Broke the record of MCB Tower to become the Tallest building of Karachi-119 metres or 393 feet of height
- Was originally going to be partnered with Sofitel (Chain of Hotels) but Sofitel dropped out.
- It was changed to Ocean Tower after being bought by AAA Associates
- Located on Khayaban-e-Roomi or Do Talwar in Clifton, Karachi opposite Emerald Tower.
- On the same plot of Ocean Tower was the Mideast Hospital which was demolished after which this tower was made.
- Made on an investment of Rs 7 billion or $71 million.
- Once completed, can withstand earthquakes up to 8.5 in magnitude.
- Website :- www.oceantower.pk
Official Website Electrical Contractor National Engineering Co.