Ocean View, Queensland
|Population||817 (2011 census)|
|Location||44 km (27 mi) from Brisbane|
|LGA(s)||Moreton Bay Region|
|State electorate(s)||Glass House|
Ocean View is north of the town of Dayboro.
Ocean View is the gateway to the mountain range of Mount Mee, about 10 minutes drive from the town of Dayboro, and located on top of the mountain. It is a very quiet and secluded rural suburb, covered with acreage properties, small farms, and winery estates.
In the 2011 census, Ocean View recorded a population of 817 people, 50.2% female and 49.8% male.
The median age of the Ocean View population was 44 years, 7 years above the national median of 37.
76.4% of people living in Ocean View were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were England 6.3%, New Zealand 3.1%, South Africa 1.6%, Germany 1.1%, Netherlands 0.6%.
92.3% of people spoke only English at home; the next most common languages were 1.1% German, 0.9% Dutch, 0.7% Afrikaans, 0.5% Polish, 0% Gaelic (Scotland).
- A Telstra telephone exchange
- Ocean View Rural Fire Brigade
- Old Mill Veterinary Surgery (Small Animal & Large Animal Services)
Places of interest
- Ocean View Winery Estate & Restaurant
Wild Whimsy Photography - Wedding, Baby, Family Portrait Photography Studio
- Glengariff Historic Estate - Winery and Restaurant (located on the Ocean View/King Scrub border)
- Gerard Poed Gallery - Panoramic Landscape Photography
- Old Mill Veterinary Surgery - The Historic Saw Mill on Mount Mee Road
- Slickers Horse Riding - Horse Riding in the beautiful scenic Oceanview/Mt Mee area
- Sophies Horse Services - Trail Rides, Lessons, Barefoot Trimming
- Rosalie Waters - Bed & Breakfast
- Oceanview Beef
Ocean View belongs to two primary school catchment areas. Areas from Highcrest St and Seaview Crt belong to the Mt Mee State School catchment. Areas from the Ocean View Winery and below belong to the Dayboro State School catchment area. Neither of these schools currently has a catchment plan in place so these school maps are not available on the Education Queensland website. However, Wamuran State School does have a catchment plan and the pertinent boundaries for the other schools can be seen on this map.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Ocean View (Pine Rivers Shire) (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 11 October 2009.
- "Ocean View - locality (entry 45462)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 26 June 2017.