Ocean View, Queensland
|Population||936 (2016 census)|
|• Density||23.70/km2 (61.37/sq mi)|
|Area||39.5 km2 (15.3 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10:00)|
|LGA(s)||Moreton Bay Region|
|State electorate(s)||Glass House|
Ocean View is north of the town of Dayboro.
Ocean View is the gateway to the mountain range of Mount Mee, about 10 minutes drive from the town of Dayboro, and located on top of the mountain. It is a very quiet and secluded rural suburb, covered with acreage properties, small farms, and winery estates.
Ocean View State School opened on 10 April 1922 and closed in 1963.
In the 2011 census, Ocean View recorded a population of 817 people, 50.2% female and 49.8% male.
The median age of the Ocean View population was 44 years, 7 years above the national median of 37.
76.4% of people living in Ocean View were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were England 6.3%, New Zealand 3.1%, South Africa 1.6%, Germany 1.1%, Netherlands 0.6%.
92.3% of people spoke only English at home; the next most common languages were 1.1% German, 0.9% Dutch, 0.7% Afrikaans, 0.5% Polish, 0% Gaelic (Scotland).
There are no schools in Ocean View. The nearest primary schools are Mount Mee State School in neighbouring Mount Mee to the north-west and Dayboro State School in Dayboro to the south. The nearest secondary schools are Woodford State School (to Year 10) in Woodford to the north and Bray Park State High School (to Year 12) in Bray Park to the south-east.
- A Telstra telephone exchange
- Ocean View Rural Fire Brigade
- Old Mill Veterinary Surgery (Small Animal & Large Animal Services)
Places of interest
- Ocean View Winery Estate & Restaurant
- Glengariff Historic Estate - Winery and Restaurant (located on the Ocean View/King Scrub border)
- Gerard Poed Gallery - Panoramic Landscape Photography
- Old Mill Veterinary Surgery - The Historic Saw Mill on Mount Mee Road
- Slickers Horse Riding - Horse Riding in the beautiful scenic Oceanview/Mt Mee area
- Sophies Horse Services - Trail Rides, Lessons, Barefoot Trimming
- Rosalie Waters - Bed & Breakfast
- Oceanview Beef
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Ocean View (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Ocean View – locality in Moreton Bay Region (entry 45462)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 28 December 2020.
- Queensland Family History Society (2010), Queensland schools past and present (Version 1.01 ed.), Queensland Family History Society, ISBN 978-1-921171-26-0
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Ocean View (Pine Rivers Shire) (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 11 October 2009.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 5 March 2021.
- "Ocean View". Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland, University of Queensland.