Ocean Village, Gibraltar
Ocean Village, Gibraltar
|Location||Bay of Gibraltar|
|Owned by||Ocean Village Investments Ltd|
|Type of harbor||Artificial|
Ocean Village is a mixed-use marina, residential, business and leisure development in Gibraltar, on the southern end of the Iberian peninsula. The project features 316 residential apartments, over 250 marina berths and extensive business accommodation. Construction of the first phase of Ocean Village commenced in 2006 with the latest completed addition of the World Trade Center in 2017. The current recreational facilities within the overall complex include two casinos, numerous eateries and bars and the Sunborn Yacht Hotel. Due for completion in 2019 are a further 244 apartments with future plans to incorporate additional superyacht berthing and a waterside villa complex. The marina is paved in a Portuguese pavement style.
Ocean Village Marina is located on the west side of Gibraltar, 14 kilometres (8.7 mi) across the Strait of Gibraltar to the northern tip of Africa. It has 255 berths starting from 8 metres (26 ft) in length with a draught of up to 4.5 metres (15 ft). Most of the Premier Berths are between 18 metres (59 ft) and 25 metres (82 ft) in length, although the largest Superyacht berths are up to 90 metres (300 ft). In June 2012, the Ocean Village Marina hosted the Gibraltar Diamond Jubilee Flotilla.
Leisure Island Business Centre
The land reclamation project was completed in October 2009. The Business Centre has been fully occupied since its launch with a mixture of international brands including KPMG. The first two levels of the building house Casino Admiral (formerly Gala Casino) with three levels of executive office facilities above.
World Trade Center Gibraltar
The seven-level,17,000 square metres, world class resource, completed in 2017 is home to over sixty innovative, high tech companies. This new building was the latest to join the list of properties operating under the prestigious WTC brand in 90 countries across the globe. WTC Gibraltar won the European Property Awards, Best Office Development Gibraltar in 2017.
The Sunborn Hotel
The Sunborn is a five star purpose-built super yacht hotel. The construction cost was about £120 million and the hotel opened its doors in March 2014 featuring a spa, conferencing facilities, restaurants and bars. A casino later opened on the premises in 2015. The hotel is 142 meters long and has 187 rooms.
The four towering blue glass residential plazas; Royal Ocean Plaza, Grand Ocean Plaza, Majestic Ocean Plaza and Imperial Ocean Plaza (due for completion mid 2019) have shared use of seven swimming pools and six jacuzzis set in tropical gardens. The fifth iconic, 17 storey, elliptical Ocean Spa Plaza completed early 2019 has its own pools and spa levels.
Casino Admiral operates two casinos within Ocean Village and was the first European facility to house a casino, bingo club and sports betting zone under one roof. The casinos offer a choice of 250 jackpot slots, 80-seat poker, roulette and bingo. The venues have 6 bars, including the ARENA Sports Bar and the VIP lounge club. Diners can select from either the restaurant or snack food menus.
Shops, restaurants and bars
Suspended above the water's edge, the piers house international restaurants offering Italian, Asian and South American cuisine. Restaurants and bars include: wagamama, Las Iguanas, O'Reilly's Irish Bar, The Ivy Sportsbar, The Bridge Bar, Pizza Express, The Yard, Little Bay, Grand Shanghai, and Dusk Nightclub.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ocean Village, Gibraltar.|
- Premier Berths. "Category-1 Gibraltar". Premier Berths.
- "Diamond Jubilee Flotilla". oceanvillage.gi. Ocean Village. Archived from the original on 30 August 2013. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "Gibraltar Office". KPMG.
- "Casino Admiral". GibraltarCasino.com Ocean Village.
- "Gala Casino Sale". The Telegraph.
- "The Sunborn". The Daily Mail.
- Gibraltar Chronicle. "OCEAN VILLAGE REACHES NEW HEIGHTS". OCEAN VILLAGE REACHES NEW HEIGHTS. Gibraltar Chronicle. Archived from the original on 12 March 2012.
- Richardsons Properties. "Ocean Village". Richardsons Property.
- Property World. "Grand Ocean Plaza". Grand Ocean Plaza. Property World.
- 123 Property News. "A new project for Ocean Village Investments". 123 Property News.
- 2010 Residential Property Awards. "2010 Residential Property Awards". International Residential Property Awards.
- International Residential Property Awards. "Winners of 2008". Winners of 2008. International Residential Property Awards. Archived from the original on 22 July 2009.
- Alcaidesa Live. "Gibraltar". Alcaidesa Live.
- "Bars/Restaurants". Ocean Village.