Ocean Village, Gibraltar
Ocean Village, Gibraltar
|Location||Bay of Gibraltar|
|Owned by||Ocean Village Investments Ltd|
|Type of harbor||Artificial|
Ocean Village is a mixed use marina resort in Gibraltar, which has Category 1 Red Ensign Group status, EU membership and VAT-free fuel. The project features residential apartments, a 323-berth marina, office complex, eateries, bars, boutiques and a casino. The marina is paved in a Portuguese pavement style. A World Trade Center licence for the resort has also been approved by the World Trade Centers Association (WTCA).
Ocean Village Marina is located on the west side of the country, 14 kilometres (8.7 mi) across the Strait of Gibraltar to the northern tip of Africa. It has 323 berths starting from 12 metres (39 ft) in length with a draught of 4.5 metres (15 ft). Most of the Premier Berths are between 18 metres (59 ft) and 25 metres (82 ft) in length, although the largest can accommodate 35 metres (115 ft). In June 2012, the Ocean Village Marina hosted the Gibraltar Diamond Jubilee Flotilla.
Leisure Island Business Centre
Leisure Island Business Centre comprises three levels of executive office facilities, with a fourth floor expansion currently under way. The land reclamation project was completed in October 2009, and has since been fully occupied with a mixture of international brands including KPMG and the Casino Admiral (formerly Gala Casino).
The Sunborn Hotel
The Sunborn is a five star purpose build super yacht hotel. The construction cost was about £120 million and the hotel opened its doors in March 2014 featuring a spa, conferencing facilities, restaurants and bars. A casino later opened on the premises in 2015. The hotel is 142 meters long and has 189 rooms.
The three 17 storey blue glass residential plazas; Royal Ocean Plaza, Grand Ocean Plaza and Majestic Ocean Plaza have shared use of a health club, seven swimming pools and six jacuzzis set in tropical gardens.
Casino Admiral at Leisure Island is one of two casinos in Gibraltar and the first European facility to house a casino, bingo club and sports betting zone under one roof. The casino offers a choice of 250 jackpot slots, 80-seat poker, 3 bars, bingo, chargrill restaurant, and ice bar. The venue has 5 bars, including the ARENA Sports Bar, The Vodka Ice Bar and the VIP lounge club.
Shops, restaurants and bars
Suspended above the water's edge, the piers house international restaurants offering Italian, Asian and Spanish cuisine. Bars and nightclubs include O'Reilly's Irish Bar, The Ivy Sportsbar, The Bridge Bar, The Cuban and Dusk Nightclub.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ocean Village, Gibraltar.|
- Red Ensign Group. "Category-1 Gibraltar". Red Ensign Group.
- Premier Berths. "Category-1 Gibraltar". Premier Berths.
- "Application for Membership" (PDF). WTCA.
- "Diamond Jubilee Flotilla". oceanvillage.gi. Ocean Village. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "Gibraltar Office". KPMG.
- "Casino Admiral". GibraltarCasino.com Ocean Village.
- "Gala Casino Sale". The Telegraph.
- "The Sunborn". The Daily Mail.
- Gibraltar Chronicle. "OCEAN VILLAGE REACHES NEW HEIGHTS". OCEAN VILLAGE REACHES NEW HEIGHTS. Gibraltar Chronicle.
- Richardsons Properties. "Ocean Village". Richardsons Property.
- Property World. "Grand Ocean Plaza". Grand Ocean Plaza. Property World.
- 123 Property News. "A new project for Ocean Village Investments". 123 Property News.
- 2010 Residential Property Awards. "2010 Residential Property Awards". International Residential Property Awards.
- International Residential Property Awards. "Winners of 2008". Winners of 2008. International Residential Property Awards.
- Gibraltar Accommodation. "Rock Hotel".
- Alcaidesa Live. "Gibraltar". Alcaidesa Live.
- "Bars/Restaurants". Ocean Village.