|Past members||Jeremy Carroll
Oceano is an American deathcore band from Chicago, Illinois. Formed in 2006, the band signed to Earache Records and released their debut album, Depths on April 7, 2009. Their second album, Contagion was released on November 9, 2010. Their fourth album Ascendants was released March 23rd, 2015.
Upon its formation in 2006, Oceano was originally a grindcore band formed by heavy set guitarist Jeremy Carroll that featured six members. Carrol gathered Chicago guitarist Andrew Mikhail, vocalist Adam Warren, drummer Michael Southcomb and bassist Kevin Hare to form Oceano's first full line-up in 2007. This Oceano performed at local venues in the Chicago area.
Oceano recorded their full debut album Depths in late 2008, releasing it worldwide on April 20, 2009.
Jeremy Carrol was fired from the band in January 2009 due to personality conflicts between members. Carrol's leaving left only one member from the original Oceano lineup in the band, Adam Warren. On February 3, 2010 the band's lead guitarist, Andrew Mikhail also departed from the band.
Oceano was a part of the 2011 Summer Slaughter Tour in North America alongside co-headliners Whitechapel and The Black Dahlia Murder.
In January 2012, a rumor spread that the band was disestablishing, which was confirmed as false by Earache. Instead, an announcement was made that the band actually was going on a short hiatus after their performance at the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival due to vocalist, Adam Warren, becoming a father. After some time spent away from the band, however, Oceano decided not to disband, and to continue touring. They are currently a part of the roster for the US summer Scream It Like You Mean it tour and also revealed that they had begun writing their next album, Incisions, due in 2013. The first lyric video from the album, "Slow Murder", was released on January 28, 2013. On January 12, 2015 the band released a new song titled "Dead Planet" from their upcoming album "Ascendants" which was released on March 23rd from Earache Records.
Musical style and Lyrics
Oceano are essentially a deathcore band, a mixture of the genres metalcore, hardcore and death metal they also have slight influence from grindcore. blast beats, sonic double bass, slow bottom heavy breakdowns and low death metal growls and occasionally metalcore/hardcore screams are present. The lyrics range from anti-religion to misanthropy. The band has been inspired by acts like Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse, Decapitated, Behemoth, The Acacia Strain, Deicide, Hatebreed, Suicide Silence, Meshuggah and Slayer.
|This section does not cite any sources. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
- "Oceano Interview - Adam Warren Interview". Heavy Metal About. Retrieved 12/8/2012. Check date values in:
- "Oceano- Contagion - REVIEW". One Metal. Retrieved 12/8/2012. Check date values in:
- Heaney, Gregory. "Oceano". Allmusic.
- Oceano Parts Ways with Guitarist
- Oceano. Tartarean Desire
- Oceano guitarist quits band. The Gauntlet
- Oceano guitarist quits. Metalrage.com
- Oceano guitarist quits band. Lambgoat.com
- Shotwell, James. "UPDATE: Earache Claims Oceano NOT Breaking Up, Going On "Hiatus" Instead". Under the Gun Review. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- Oceano Not Splitting Up After All. Blabbermouth.net
- "Oceano – Chart History: Heatseekers Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- "Oceano – Chart History: Independent Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- "Oceano – Chart History: Top Rock Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- "Oceano – Chart History: Hard Rock Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 18 December 2013.