|Origin||Cook County, Illinois|
Oceano is an American deathcore band from Cook County, Illinois. Formed in 2006, the band signed to Earache Records and released their debut album, Depths on April 7, 2009. Their second album, Contagion was released on November 9, 2010. Their fourth album Ascendants was released March 23, 2015. Their most recent album Revelation was released on May 19, 2017. It was their first release with their new label, Sumerian Records.
Upon its formation in 2006, Oceano was originally a four piece grindcore band formed by guitarist Jeremy Carroll, which consisted of Carroll on guitar, Kevin Hare on bass, Nico LaCorcia on drums and Eddie Harris on vocals . Oceano went through a revolving cast of players until settling on a new lineup and a new sound in 2007. That lineup, consisting of Andrew Mikhail (guitar), Michael Southcomb (drums), Adam Warren (vocals), and Kevin Hare (bass), would go on to develop the sound they'd take to the world in their first recordings.
Oceano recorded their full debut album Depths in late 2008, releasing it worldwide on April 20, 2009.
Jeremy Carrol was fired from the band in January 2009 due to personality conflicts between members. Carrol's leaving left no original members from the original Oceano lineup in the band. On February 3, 2010 the band's lead guitarist, Andrew Mikhail also departed from the band.
Oceano was a part of the 2011 Summer Slaughter Tour in North America alongside co-headliners Whitechapel and The Black Dahlia Murder.
In January 2012, a rumor spread that the band was disestablishing, which was confirmed as false by Earache. Instead, an announcement was made that the band actually was going on a short hiatus after their performance at the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival due to vocalist, Adam Warren, becoming a father. After some time spent away from the band, however, Oceano decided not to disband, and to continue touring. They are currently a part of the roster for the US summer Scream It Like You Mean it tour and also revealed that they had begun writing their next album, Incisions, due in 2013. The first lyric video from the album, "Slow Murder", was released on January 28, 2013. On January 12, 2015 the band released a new song titled "Dead Planet" from their fourth album "Ascendants" which was released on March 23 from Earache Records. On February 17, 2017 the band announced via Facebook that they had signed over to Sumerian Records.
Musical style and Lyrics
Oceano is a deathcore band, a mixture of the genres metalcore, hardcore and death metal. They also (particularly in their earliest material) had a slight influence from grindcore. Blast beats, sonic double bass, slow bottom heavy breakdowns and low death metal growls and occasionally the shrieked vocals typical in metalcore are present. The lyrics range from anti-religion to misanthropy. The band has been inspired by acts like Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse, Decapitated, Behemoth, The Acacia Strain, Deicide, Hatebreed, Suicide Silence, Meshuggah and Slayer.
This section does not cite any sources. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
- Demo 2006 
- Demo 2007
- Demo 2008
- "Oceano - discography, line-up, biography, interviews, photos". www.spirit-of-metal.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "Oceano Parts Ways With Guitarist". metalunderground.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- Oceano. Tartarean Desire
- Oceano guitarist quits band. The Gauntlet
- Oceano guitarist quits. Metalrage.com
- Oceano guitarist quits band. Lambgoat.com
- Shotwell, James. "UPDATE: Earache Claims Oceano NOT Breaking Up, Going On "Hiatus" Instead". Under the Gun Review. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- Oceano Not Splitting Up After All[permanent dead link]. Blabbermouth.net
- "Trav & Adam Acoustic". SoundCloud. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "DEMOLISHER featuring Adam Warren of OCEANO Premiere New Song - Metal Injection". metalinjection.net. 31 October 2013. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "Demolisher vocalist Adam Warren quits band". lambgoat.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- xpdbx (15 July 2007). "OCEANO "Candyman" LIVE". Retrieved 15 August 2017 – via YouTube.
- "ROOKS = YOU'RE MOSHING!". MetalSucks. 1 October 2010. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "Ambassador - got-djent.com". got-djent.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "Ex-Oceano guitarist joins Thick As Blood". lambgoat.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "Straight Line Stitch Tap Ex-Oceano Guitarist For Second Leg Of U.S. Tour". Theprp.com. 6 June 2012. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "Volumes Recruit Oceano Drummer For "Thrash And Burn Tour"". Theprp.com. 28 October 2011. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "Oceano – Chart History: Heatseekers Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- "Oceano – Chart History: Independent Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- "Oceano – Chart History: Top Rock Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- "Oceano – Chart History: Hard Rock Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- "Oceano : Demo 2006". www.spirit-of-metal.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.