Ochil and South Perthshire (UK Parliament constituency)
|Ochil and South Perthshire|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Ochil and South Perthshire in Scotland.
|Subdivisions of Scotland||Clackmannanshire/Perth and Kinross|
|Member of parliament||Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh (SNP)|
|Created from||Ochil and Perth|
|European Parliament constituency||Scotland|
Ochil and South Perthshire is a county constituency of the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. It elects one Member of Parliament (MP) by the first past the post system of election.
grouped by the Fifth Review
|Clackmannanshire and Perth and Kinross|
The Clackmannanshire council area; and the Perth and Kinross council wards of Comrie, Crieff North, Crieff South, Strathord and Logiealmond, Strathalmond, Earn, Auchterarder Mid Earn, Strathallan and Glendevon, Auchterarder Craig Rossie, Abernethy and Glenfarg, Milnathort and North Kinross, Kinross Town, and Kinross-shire.
The constituency was created to cover the Clackmannanshire council area and a southern portion of the Perth and Kinross council area. Perth and North Perthshire was created, at the same time, to cover the rest of the Perth and Kinross council area.
Prior to the 2005 election, the council areas had been covered by the Angus, Ochil, Perth and North Tayside constituencies. The Perth constituency was entirely within the Perth and Kinross council area, the North Tayside constituency covered a northern portion of the Perth and Kinross council area and a northern portion of the Angus council area, the Angus constituency covered a small southeastern portion of the Perth and Kinross council area, a southern portion of the Angus council area, and northern portions of the Dundee City council area, and the Ochil constituency covered another southeastern portion of the Perth and Kinross council area, the whole of the Clackmannanshire council area and a southeastern portion of the Stirling council area.
Members of Parliament
|2015||Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh||Scottish National Party|
|Liberal Democrats||Iliyan Stefanov||1,481||2.6||-8.8|
|SNP gain from Labour||Swing||+13.9|
|Liberal Democrats||Graeme Littlejohn||5,754||11.4||-1.9|
|Scottish Green||Hilary Charles||609||1.2||-0.9|
|Liberal Democrats||Catherine Whittingham||6,218||13.3||+2.8|
|Scottish Green||George Baxter||978||2.1||N/A|
|Scottish Socialist||Iain Campbell||420||0.9||−0.9|
|Free Scotland||Maitland Kelly||183||0.4||N/A|
|Liberal Democrats||Paul Edie||3,253||9.2||+4.0|
|Scottish Socialist||Pauline Thomson||751||2.1||N/A|
|Monster Raving Loony||Flash Gordon Approaching||405||1.1||N/A|
Notes and references
- Boundary Commission for Scotland website
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "O" [self-published source][better source needed]
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- http://www.clacks.gov.uk/council/electionresults/?election=34 8Aug15
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Election Data 2005". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Election 2005; Result: Ochil and South Perthshire". BBC News. British Broadcasting Corporation. 2005-05-06. Retrieved 2008-07-26.
- "Election Data 2001". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.