Ochsner Medical Center
|Ochsner Medical Center|
|Location||Jefferson, Louisiana, United States|
|Affiliated university||University of Queensland School of Medicine, Tulane University School of Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center|
|Lists||Hospitals in Louisiana|
Ochsner Medical Center, historically also known as Ochsner Clinic, Ochsner Hospital, and Ochsner Foundation Hospital, is a hospital in Jefferson, Louisiana, a short distance from the city limits of New Orleans.
As the flagship of the Ochsner Health System, the non-profit hospital was founded by Dr. Alton Ochsner, opening as "Ochsner Clinic" on January 2, 1942. In 2009, Ochsner Medical Center began a partnership with the University of Queensland School of Medicine in Brisbane, Australia for US citizens and permanent residents. Under the agreement, American medical students spend 2 years learning basic sciences at the University of Queensland in Australia and then 2 years of clinical rotations in the Ochsner Health System. The US cohort has achieved greater than a 90% match rate in the NRMP since 2009.
The hospital currently has 767 acute care beds and is completely accredited by the Joint Commission of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO).
- "Australia - U.S. Medical School". Mededpath.org. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-12-08. Retrieved 2011-12-09.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "First baby at new Ochsner center". Livingstonparishnews.com. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
- "Arys Health | Sydney CBD Medical Centre | Bulk Billing Doctors Sydney". Aryshealth.com.au. 31 August 2015. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
- "U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings and Ratings". Health.usnews.com. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
- Riddick, Jr, Frank A. (Spring 2007). "Ochsner in Literature — Fiction". Ochsner Journal. 7 (1): 40–43. PMC 3096338. PMID 21603480.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ochsner Medical Center, Main Campus.|
|This article relating to a hospital in Louisiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This New Orleans, Louisiana–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|