October 1974 Dissolution Honours
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Mary Elizabeth Henderson, Mrs. Michael Stewart, lately Chairman, Board of Governors, Charing Cross Hospital.
- Dame Joan Helen Vickers, D.B.E., Member of Parliament for the Devonport Division of Plymouth, 1955-74.
- Dame Irene Mary Bewick Ward, C.H., D.B.E., Member of Parliament for Wallsend 1931-45 ; Tynemouth 1950-74.
- The Right Honourable Robert Alexander, Lord Balniel, Minister of State, Ministry of Defence 1970-72 ; Minister of State, Foreign and Commonwealth Office 1972-74 ; Member of Parliament for the Hertford Division of Hertfordshire 1955-74.
- Desmond Anderson Harvie BANKS, C.B.E., President, Liberal Party Organisation 1968-69. Member, Liberal Party Executive 1959-74; Chairman, 1961-63 and 1969-70.
- The Right Honourable Anthony Perrinott Lysberg Barber, T.D., Chancellor of the Exchequer 1970-74. Member of Parliament for Doncaster 1951-64; Altrincham and Sale 1965-74.
- Richard William Briginshaw, General Secretary, National Society of Operative Printers, Graphical and Media Personnel since 1951. Member, General Council of Trades Union Congress since 1965.
- Donald William Trevor Bruce, Member of Parliament for North Portsmouth 1945-50.
- The Right Honourable Gordon Thomas Calthrop Campbell, M.C., Secretary of State for Scotland 1970-74. Member of Parliament for Moray and Nairn 1959-74.
- Sir Hugh Kinsman CUDLIPP, O.B.E., Chairman, International Publishing Corporation Ltd. 1968-73.
- Sir Sidney Francis Greene, C.B.E., General Secretary, National Union of Railwaymen since 1957.
- Braham Jack Lyons, Managing Director, Traverse Healy, Lyons and Partners.
- Sir Harmar Nicholls, Bt., Parliamentary Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food 1955- 57 ; Ministry of Works, 1957-60. Member of Parliament for the Peterborough Division of Northamptonshire 1950-74.
- Reginald Thomas Paget, Q.C., Member of Parliament for Northampton 1945-74.
- Sir Arnold Silverstone, Joint Treasurer, Conservative and Unionist Party.
- George Douglas Wallace, Member of Parliament for the Chislehurst Division of Kent 1945-50; Norwich North 1964-74.
- Alfred Wilson, Chief Executive Officer, Co-operative Wholesale Society Ltd. 1969-74.