October 6 University
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|President||Prof. Ahmed Attia Saeda|
Prof. Ali Mohamed Talaat (Students Affairs)|
Prof. Helmy Elbeshbeshy (Postgraduate Studies)
Giza, 6th of October City, Egypt|
October 6 University (O6U) is the first private university in Egypt. It was established by the Republican Decree no. 243 in 1996.
O6U is in the 6th of October City, 32 km from downtown Cairo. The campus consists of four education buildings, the teaching hospital, and the hostel for female students, while the central library and male students hostel are 150 meters from the campus.
All the awarded degrees are accredited and validated by the Egyptian Supreme Council of Universities.
- Medicine (Accredited by NAQAAE)
- Pharmacy (The first private faculty and the sixth Egyptian pharmaceutical faculty to be accredited by NAQAAE: 2014)
- Applied Medical Sciences (The Biomedical Engineering Department was the first in Egypt to be accredited by NAQAAE)
- Physical Therapy
- Information Systems & Computer Science (Accredited by NAQAAE)
- Applied Arts
- Media & Mass Communication
- Economics & Management
- Languages & Translation (accredited by NAQAAE)
- Social Science
- Tourism & Hotel Management
An academic cooperation agreement was signed between many government universities and October 6 University (O6U). It was endorsed by the supreme council of national and private universities on June 4, 2011 by which O6U is allowed to offer postgraduate programs in collaboration with Theses Universities and degrees will be granted by them.
October 6 University Hospital
The hospital is built on a surface area of 45000 square meters. It has a capacity of 360 beds, 20% out of them offer free-of-charge service for education purposes.
The university has many institutes of higher education under the name Culture & Science City.
The Culture and Science City has two campuses: the first is in 6 October City and the second is in Sheraton and distributed per the following locations:
6 October Campus
- Higher Institute of Engineering
- Higher Institute for Mass Media and Communication Techniques
- Higher Institute for Computer Science and Information Systems
- Higher Institute of Languages
- Higher Institute of Administrative Sciences
- Higher Institute of Economics and Environment
- Higher Institute for Social Work
- Higher Institute for Optics Technology
- Egyptian Higher Institute for Tourism and Hotels
- Higher Institute for Languages (Sheraton Buildings)
Six October University Library (SOUL) is considered as one of the largest, well–stocked university libraries in Egypt. SOUL is outside the university campus (150 m from it) and is designed to be an integrated and all–embracing cultural complex to support the instructional and research needs of university community and beyond. SOUL learning technology consists of the libraries, academic computing services, center for learning and teaching.
SOUL offers online and offline access to databases, e-books and imprint. It houses thousands of volumes, microfilms, digital collection, multimedia materials, and serial titles.
- o6u.edu.eg October 6 University official website
- A Guide on: Faculties and Institutes of Higher Education in the Arab Republic of Egypt 2008 - 2009 Minister of Higher Education‟s Bureau Information Unit
- About O6U o6u.edu.eg
- Egypt, Countries, Association of Arab Universities
- Members in good standing Archived 2012-07-19 at Archive.is, Association of African Universities, 20 september 2013
- A Guide on Faculties and Institutes of Higher Education in the Arab Republic of Egypt (PDF). Egypt: Ministry of Higher Education, Arab Republic of Egypt. 2008–2009.
|last1=in Authors list (help)