October-class missile boat
The Egyptian Navy wanting to acquire a cheap alternative for the aging Komar class missile boats, decided to build a modern missile boat based on the Komar hull design with modifications and upgrades in the Alexandria Shipyards in the late 1970s. All six units built were fitted with British machinery, Italian radars, navigational equipment, electronic suite and missiles.
- In service: 4 ships: 785, 787, 789 & 791(out of 6 built)
- Displacement: 82 tons full load
- Crew: 20
- Dimensions: 25.3 x 6 x 1.8 meters (83 x 19.5 x 6 feet)
- Propulsion: 4 diesels, 4 shafts, 5,400 bhp, 40 knots
- Electronic warfare: Racal Cutlass
- Two Otomat SSM
- Two twin 30 mm AA guns
Two units were stricken in 1990s.