Odakyu 2000 series
|Odakyu 2000 series|
An Odakyu 2000 series at Shin-Yurigaoka (Dec 2018)
|In service||March 1995 – Present|
|Manufacturer||Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Tokyu Car Corporation, Nippon Sharyo|
|Number built||72 vehicles (9 sets)|
|Formation||8 cars per trainset|
|Operator(s)||Odakyu Electric Railway|
|Car body construction||Stainless steel|
|Car length||20,000 mm (65 ft 7 in)|
|Width||2,860 mm (9 ft 5 in)|
|Maximum speed||100 km/h (60 mph)|
|Deceleration||4.0 km/h/s (service)|
|Electric system(s)||1,500 V DC|
|Current collection method||Overhead lines|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
The Odakyu 2000 series (小田急2000形 Odakyū 2000-gata) is a commuter electric multiple unit (EMU) train that the private railway operator Odakyu Electric Railway has operated in the Tokyo area of Japan since March 1995.
Nine 8-car sets in total were manufactured between 1995 and 2001 in three batches. The design was based on the earlier 1000 series sets, with some of the passenger doors increased from 1,300 to 1,600 mm (4 ft 3 in to 5 ft 3 in) wide to help reduce station dwell times.
- Cars 2, 3, and 6, are each equipped with one single-arm pantograph.
- Cars 2, 3, 6, and 7 have wider (1,600 mm) doorways.
- The end cars, 1 and 8, have a wheelchair space.
- Car 2 is designated as a mildly-air-conditioned car. 
The trains were delivered between January 1995 and April 2001, with the first trains entering revenue service on 8 March 1995. These sets are primarily used for Local services.
The build histories for the fleet are as follows.
|Batch||Set No.||Delivery date|
|3||2054||October 2000 - April 2001|
In popular culture
The Odakyu 2000 series is featured as a player-driveable train in the Microsoft Train Simulator computer game.
- 私鉄車両年鑑2012 [Japan Private Railways Annual 2012]. Tokyo, Japan: Ikaros Publications Ltd. February 2012. p. 166. ISBN 978-4-86320-549-9.
- 2007小田急通勤車両オールガイド [2007 Odakyu commuter rolling stock complete guide]. Tetsudō Daiya Jōhō Magazine (in Japanese). Vol. 36 no. 278. Japan: Kōtsū Shimbun. June 2007. pp. 21–23.
- 私鉄車両編成表 2015 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2015] (in Japanese). Japan: Kotsu Shimbunsha. 23 July 2015. p. 52. ISBN 978-4-330-58415-7.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Odakyu 2000 series.|