Odakyu 30000 series EXE
|Odakyu 30000 series EXE|
An Odakyu 30000 series EXE on a Hakone service in May 2007
|Number built||70 vehicles (7 4+6-car sets)|
|Formation||6+4 car sets|
|Operator(s)||Odakyu Electric Railway|
|Car length||20 m (65 ft 7 in)|
|Electric system(s)||1,500 V DC|
|Current collection method||Overhead lines|
|Braking system(s)||Regenerative brake|
|Safety system(s)||ATS (OM)|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
The 30000 series EXE has a mostly boxy shape. The nose of the front car is usually slanted, however it could also be flat. On the slant-nosed power car, the headlights are above the cab's front windshield. Below the front window is an LED display showing the train service name. Below that there is a broad red stripe going vertically down the front, with small black "EXE" letters in the middle of it.
On the sides of the cars, there is another vertical red stripe going down the middle of the cars.
The 30000 EXE operates mainly between Shinjuku Station in Tokyo and Hakone-Yumoto Station in Kanagawa Prefecture (about 88 km), and also on Odakyu Enoshima Line Enoshima services from Shinjuku to Katase-Enoshima Station.
The fleet is scheduled to undergo a programme of refurbishment from fiscal 2016, with the first 4+6-car trainset treated returning to service in March 2017.
- Redesigned interiors and seating
- Replacement of Japanese-style squat toilets with Western-style toilets (Toto "Washlet" type)
- Additional luggage racks
- Installation of security cameras in vestibule and passenger saloons
- Fully-enclosed traction motors
- "Daiya Jōhō" Magazine, May 2007 issue
- 「特急ロマンスカー・EXE（３００００形）」をリニューアル ～ＥＸＥは、「EXEα」へ進化します～ [ EXE 30000 series Romancecar to be refurbished - becoming "EXEα"] (pdf). News Release (in Japanese). Japan: Odakyu Electric Railway. 20 October 2016. Archived (PDF) from the original on 20 October 2016. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Odakyu 30000 series EXE.|