Odakyu 4000 series
|Odakyu 4000 series|
Odakyu 4000 series set number 4051 on the Tama Line, July 2007
|In service||September 2007–Present|
|Manufacturer||Tokyu Car Corporation, J-TREC, JR East|
|Built at||Yokohama, Niitsu|
|Replaced||Odakyu 1000 series|
|Number built||150 vehicles (15 sets)|
|Number in service||150 vehicles (15 sets) (as of 1 April 2015[update])|
|Operator(s)||Odakyu Electric Railway|
|Line(s) served||Odakyu Odawara Line, Odakyu Tama Line, Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line|
|Car body construction||Stainless steel|
|Car length||20 m (65 ft 7 in)|
|Doors||4 pairs per side|
|Maximum speed||100 km/h (60 mph)|
|Power output||190 kW per motor|
|Acceleration||3.3 km/(h·s) (2.1 mph/s)|
|Deceleration||4.0 km/(h·s) (2.5 mph/s) (service)
4.7 km/(h·s) (2.9 mph/s) (emergency)
|Electric system(s)||1,500 V DC Overhead lines|
|Current collection method||Pantograph|
|Braking system(s)||Regenerative brake|
|Safety system(s)||OM-ATS, CS-ATC|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
The Odakyu 4000 series (小田急4000形? Odakyū 4000-gata) is a 1,500 V DC commuter electric multiple unit (EMU) train type operated by the private railway operator Odakyu Electric Railway in Japan since 2007.
- Cars 3, 7, and 9 each have one single-arm pantograph.
- Car 2 is designated as a mildly air-conditioned car.
Passenger accommodation consists of longitudinal bench seating throughout. Cars 1 and 10 have wheelchair spaces.
Tip-up seat for wheelchair space
The first train was delivered in May 2007, and the trains entered service in September 2007 on inter-running services between Odakyu and the Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line, displacing 1000 series sets, which were cascaded to surface lines to replace older 5000 and 5200 series sets.
- 首都圏鉄道完全ガイド 主要私鉄編 [Tokyo Area Complete Railway Guide - Major Private Lines] (in Japanese). Japan: Futabasha. 22 July 2013. p. 20. ISBN 978-4-575-45387-4.
- 私鉄車両年鑑2013 [Japan Private Railways Annual 2013] (in Japanese). Tokyo, Japan: Ikaros Publications Ltd. 20 March 2013. p. 189. ISBN 978-4-86320-693-9.
- 私鉄車両編成表 2015 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2015] (in Japanese). Japan: Kotsu Shimbunsha. 23 July 2015. p. 51. ISBN 978-4-330-58415-7.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Odakyu 4000 series.|
- Odakyu Press Release (5 February 2007). Retrieved on 13 October 2009. (Japanese)