Odakyu 60000 series MSE
|Odakyu 60000 series MSE|
Odakyu 60000 series MSE at Ono depot, October 2007
|In service||March 2008–Present|
|Built at||Toyokawa, Aichi|
|Replaced||Odakyu 20000 series RSE
JR Central 371 series
|Number built||32 vehicles (6 trainsets)|
|Number in service||32 vehicles (6 trainsets)|
|Formation||6/4 cars per set|
|Operator(s)||Odakyu Electric Railway|
|Car body construction||Aluminium|
|Car length||20,000 mm (intermediate cars)
20,220 mm (end cars 1 & 10)
|Width||2,850 mm (9 ft 4 in)|
|Height||4,140 mm (13 ft 7 in)|
|Maximum speed||110 km/h (68 mph) (service)
120 km/h (75 mph) (design)
|Traction system||Variable frequency (2-level IGBT)|
|Acceleration||2.0 km/h/s (Odakyu lines), 2.4 km/h/s (Tokyo Metro and Hakone Tozan lines)|
|Deceleration||4.0 km/h/s (service), 4.7 km/h/s (emergency)|
|Electric system(s)||1,500 V DC|
|Current collection method||Overhead lines|
|Safety system(s)||OM-ATS/D-ATS-P, ATC, ATS-PT|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
The Odakyu 60000 series MSE (小田急60000形 Odakyū 60000-gata?) (Multi Super Express) is a Romancecar electric multiple unit (EMU) train type operated by the Odakyu Electric Railway in Japan since March 2008. The trains are used on Odakyu through service to the Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line, and some trains also travel over the Tokyo Metro Yūrakuchō Line, making it the first limited express train with reserved seats to operate through a subway line in Tokyo.
- Metro Sagami
- Metro Homeway
- Metro Sagami
- Bay Resort
- Metro Hakone
- Metro Homeway
|Numbering||KuHa 60550||DeHa 60500||DeHa 60400||DeHa 60300||DeHa 60200||KuHa 60250||KuHa 60150||DeHa 60100||DeHa 60000||KuHa 60050|
Cars 2, 3, 8, and 9 each have one single-arm pantograph.
Accommodation is monoclass, with seating arranged 2+2 at a seat pitch of 983 mm (38.7 in). All passenger saloons are designated no-smoking. cars 2, 5, and 8 are equipped with toilets. Refreshment counters are provided in cars 3 and 9.
A third 6-car set was delivered in October 2009.
From the start of the revised timetable on 17 March 2012, 60000 series 6-car sets will be used on Asagiri services between Shinjuku and Gotemba, replacing the Odakyu 20000 series RSE and JR Central 371 series EMUs currently used.
- 小田急電鉄60000形 [Odakyu 60000 series]. Japan Railfan Magazine (in Japanese) (Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd.) 48 (564): p.54-61. April 2008.
- 私鉄車両編成表 2013 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2013]. Japan: JRR. 30 July 2013. p. 58. ISBN 978-4-330-39313-1.
- http://www.odakyu.jp/program/info/data.info/1993_6852248_.pdf Odakyu press release (20 September 2006) (Japanese)
- Tetsudō Daiya Jōhō Magazine, November 2007 issue
- ブルーリボン賞・ローレル賞 選定車両一覧 [Blue Ribbon Award & Laurel Prize Winner List] (in Japanese). Japan: Japan Railfan Club. May 2011. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- Japan Railfan Magazine: "小田急ロマンスカー「MSE」が甲種輸送される" (31 October 2009). Retrieved 15 December 2009. (Japanese)
- ２０１２年３月１７日（土） ダイヤ改正を実施します。 [Timetable Revision Takes Effect from Saturday 17 March 2012] (pdf). News Release (in Japanese). Japan: Odakyu Electric Railway. 16 December 2011. Retrieved 16 December 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Odakyu 60000 series MSE.|
- Odakyu Romancecar MSE (Japanese)
- Odakyu 60000 series information on Nippon Sharyo website (Japanese)