Ode to Joy (film)
|Ode to Joy|
|Directed by||Jason Winer|
|Screenplay by||Max Werner|
|Music by||Jeremy Turner|
|Cinematography||David Robert Jones|
|Edited by||Peter Teschner|
|Distributed by||IFC Films|
|Box office||$17,303 |
Ode to Joy is a romantic comedy film starring Martin Freeman and Morena Baccarin. The film premiered at the 2019 RiverRun International Film Festival in Winston-Salem, North Carolina and was released theatrically on August 9, 2019.
Charlie (Martin Freeman) is a Brooklyn-based librarian in his forties suffering from cataplexy, causing him to faint whenever he experiences strong emotions, especially joy. Upon meeting the charming and free-spirited Francesca (Morena Baccarin), Charlie falls in love but sets her up with his brother Cooper (Jake Lacy) instead because of his condition.
- Martin Freeman as Charlie, Cooper’s brother
- Morena Baccarin as Francesca, Sylvia’s niece
- Jake Lacy as Cooper, Charlie's brother
- Jane Curtin as Sylvia, Francesca’s aunt
- Melissa Rauch as Bethany
- Shannon Woodward as Liza
- Hayes MacArthur as Jordan
- Ellis Rubin as Victor
- "Ode to Joy". RiverRun International Film Festival. Retrieved 2019-09-11.
- "Ode to Joy (2019)". Box Office Mojo. IMDb. Retrieved August 29, 2019.
- "Ode to Joy (2019)". The Numbers. IMDb. Retrieved August 29, 2019.
- Nolfi, Joey (9 July 2019). "Martin Freeman suffers bizarre romantic mishaps in quirky Ode to Joy trailer". Entertainment. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- Nordyke, Kimberly (14 July 2019). "'Ode to Joy' Trailer: Martin Freeman Avoids Dating Morena Baccarin Due to Rare Condition". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- Billington, Alex (10 July 2019). "First Trailer for 'Ode to Joy' with Martin Freeman & Morena Baccarin". First Showing. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- "FAQ; Do stories from the radio show ever get turned into movies?". This American Life. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- Ode to Joy on IMDb
- Ode to Joy at Rotten Tomatoes
- Ode to Joy at Metacritic
- This American Life segment that inspired the film
|This article about a 2010s romantic comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|