Oded Goldreich, 2006
|Known for||Zero-knowledge proof|
|Doctoral advisor||Shimon Even|
Oded Goldreich (Hebrew: עודד גולדרייך; b. 1957) is a professor of Computer Science at the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel. His research interests lie within the theory of computation and are, specifically, the interplay of randomness and computation, the foundations of cryptography, and computational complexity theory. He won the Knuth Prize in 2017.
Goldreich has contributed to the development of pseudorandomness, zero knowledge proofs, secure function evaluation, property testing, and other areas in cryptography and computational complexity.
Goldreich has also authored several books including: Foundations of Cryptography which comes in two volumes (volume 1 in 2001 and volume 2 in 2004), Computational Complexity: A Conceptual Perspective (2008), and Modern Cryptography, Probabilistic Proofs and Pseudorandomness (1998).
- "2017 Knuth prize is Awarded to Oded Goldreich" (PDF) (Press release). ACM Special Interest Group on Algorithms and Computation Theory. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- Oded Goldreich, Shafi Goldwasser, and Silvio Micali. How to Construct Random Functions" Journal of the ACM, Vol. 33, No. 4, Oct. 1986, pages 792-807.
- Oded Goldreich and Leonid Levin. Hard-core Predicates for any One-Way Function. In the proceedings of the 21st ACM Symp. on Theory of Computing, pages 25-32, 1989.
- Oded Goldreich, Silvio Micali, and Avi Wigderson. Proofs that Yield Nothing But their Validity or All Languages in NP have Zero-Knowledge Proofs" Journal of the ACM, Vol. 38, No. 3, July 1991, pages 691-729.
- Oded Goldreich, Silvio Micali, and Avi Wigderson. How to Play any Mental Game or a Completeness Theorem for Protocols with Honest Majority. In Proceedings of the 19th Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, pages 218-229, ACM, 1987.
- Oded Goldreich, Shafi Goldwasser, and Dana Ron. 1998 Property Testing and its connection to Learning and Approximation. Journal of the ACM, pages 653-750.
- Chor B. (1998). "Private Information Retrieval". Journal of the ACM. 45 (6): 965–982. CiteSeerX 10.1.1.51.3663. doi:10.1145/293347.293350.
- Goldreich O. (1996). "Software Protection and Simulation on Oblivious RAMs". Journal of the ACM. 43 (3): 431–473. doi:10.1145/233551.233553. hdl:1721.1/103684.
- B. Chor and O. Goldreich. Unbiased Bits From Sources of Weak Randomness and Probabilistic Communication Complexity. SIAM J. Comp., Vol. 17, No. 2, April 1988, pages 230-261.
- Mihir Bellare, O. Goldreich and M. Sudan. Free Bits, PCPs and Non-Approximability -- Towards Tight Results. SIAM J. Comp., Vol. 27, No. 3, pages 804-915, June 1998.
- Goldreich O., Sudan M. (2006). "Locally Testable Codes and PCPs of Almost-Linear Length". Journal of the ACM. 53 (4): 558–655. CiteSeerX 10.1.1.145.7477. doi:10.1145/1162349.1162351.
- "Foundations of Cryptography - a two-volume book [Goldreich]". www.wisdom.weizmann.ac.il.
- Landau, Susan (2004). "Review of Foundations of Cryptography: Basic Tools by Oded Goldreich and Modern Cryptography, Probabilistic Proofs and Pseudorandomness by Oded Goldreich and 8 other books by various authors" (PDF). Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. (N.S.). 41 (3): 357–367. doi:10.1090/s0273-0979-04-01011-0.
- "Computational Complexity: A Conceptual Perspective [Goldreich]". www.wisdom.weizmann.ac.il.
- "Modern Cryptography, Probabilistic Proofs, and Pseudorandomness [Goldreich]". www.wisdom.weizmann.ac.il.