|Elevation||4,144 ft (1,263 m)|
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
|GNIS feature ID||1165733|
|Coordinates and elevation from Geographic Names Information System|
Odessa is an unincorporated community in Klamath County, Oregon, United States. Odessa is along Oregon Route 140 south of Rocky Point and about 25 miles (40 km) northwest of Klamath Falls. Odessa lies along the western shore of Upper Klamath Lake near the Fremont–Winema National Forest.
A post office operated in Odessa from 1902 thru 1919. Blanche Griffith was one of the early postmasters. According to Oregon Geographic Names (OGN), in the late 1940s Griffith said that the wife of her husband's brother named the community after a place in France. However, the OGN compiler thought it more likely that the name related to the city of Odessa in the Ukraine.
- "Odessa Post Office (historical)". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. August 1, 1994. Retrieved January 15, 2017.
- Oregon Atlas & Gazetteer (7th ed.). Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. 2008. pp. 62–63, 70. ISBN 0-89933-347-8.
- McArthur, Lewis A.; McArthur, Lewis L. (2003) . Oregon Geographic Names (7th ed.). Portland, Oregon: Oregon Historical Society Press. pp. 718–19. ISBN 978-0875952772.
- Friedman, Ralph (1990). In Search of Western Oregon (2nd ed.). Caldwell, Idaho: The Caxton Printers. p. 749. ISBN 0-87004-332-3.
- "Odessa Campground". United States Forest Service. Retrieved January 16, 2017.
|This Klamath County, Oregon state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|