Odesa International Airport
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Odesa International Airport
Міжнародний аеропорт "Одеса"
|Location||Odessa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine|
|Focus city for||Ukraine International Airlines|
|Elevation AMSL||172 ft / 52 m|
Odesa International Airport (Ukrainian: Міжнародний аеропорт «Одеса») (IATA: ODS, ICAO: UKOO) is an international airport of Odessa, the third largest city of Ukraine, located 7 km (4.3 mi) southwest from its city centre.
The area of Odesa International airport is 570 hectares. Technical service of airport is based on 2,800 square meters area and represented by four parking places to provide technical service to four planes simultaneously. European standards classify the airport as "class 1". The airport has ILS CAT I status.
The airport's runways either were or are co-used by the Ukrainian Air Force.
The airport was built in 1961.
In May 2007, the airport started construction work that included extending the main runway.
In 2009, it served 651,000 passengers.
On 8 June 2012, builders started to prepare the land on which the new terminal would be built. The area of the new terminal was to be 26,000 square meters, with the capacity for 1,000 passengers per hour (1.5–2 million passengers per year). It would have 16 check-in desks, and four telescopic gangways, and the number of bus pick-up points would be increased from two to five. The construction of the new terminal was planned to be completed by the end of 2013. However, due to extensive delays, it was opened for arrivals on 15 April 2017. It is to serve both international and domestic flights. The estimated cost of the work was around 45–60 million. Airport Consulting Vienna company has developed a master plan, business plan and evaluation of the technical concept of the airport. The chief designer of the project is the Spanish company Ineco.
In 2019, Odesa International Airport announced an international competition for the best idea of a sculpture-symbol of the city’s air gates. The first place was taken by Ukrainian artist Stepan Ryabchenko. His sculpture "Sphere" will be made and installed near the new airport terminal.
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines operate regular scheduled and charter services at the airport:
This section does not cite any sources. (October 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Year||Passengers||Change on previous year|
- List of airports in Ukraine
- List of the busiest airports in Ukraine
- List of the busiest airports in Europe
- List of the busiest airports in the former USSR
- odesa.aero (31 December 2019). "Annual report 2019". Odesa International Airport. Retrieved 2 January 2020.
- Ukraine travel guide dompavlov.com – Odesa International Airport Archived 2011-11-11 at the Wayback Machine
- "New terminal launched at Odesa airport - Russian aviation news". Russian Aviation Insider. 2017-04-19. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- "Announcement of the winners of the sculpture competition". airport.od.ua. Retrieved 2020-07-02.
- "The sculpture by Ukrainian artist Stepan Ryabchenko was chosen as the new symbol of Odesa Airport". ArtsLooker. 2019-09-06. Retrieved 2020-07-02.
- odesa.aero - Destinations retrieved 10 October 2020
- Liu, Jim (3 June 2019). "Arkia adds Odessa charters in S19". Routesonline. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "Flights". anextour.com.ua.
- "Timetable". jonika.com.ua.
- "Pegasus announces new international destination from SAW". Routesonline. Retrieved 28 February 2021.
- "Route map". skyup.aero.
- "SkyUp expands its flight program to Istanbul". skyup.aero. 3 November 2020.
- "The maximum of Georgia: SkyUp announces more flights from Kyiv and regions". skyup.aero. 26 February 2021.
- "The sea that unites us: SkyUp to launch domestic and international flights from Odesa". skyup.aero. 25 February 2021.
- "freight monitor". online.joinup.ua.
- "Charter flights timetable". flyuia.com. 22 January 2020. Retrieved 22 January 2020.
- Liu, Jim (13 July 2020). "Wizz Air schedules new Odessa – Italy routes in S21". Routesonline.
Media related to Odessa International Airport at Wikimedia Commons