Odessa International Airport
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Odessa International Airport
Міжнародний аеропорт "Одеса"
|Location||Odessa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine|
|Focus city for||Ukraine International Airlines|
|Elevation AMSL||172 ft / 52 m|
Odessa International Airport (Ukrainian: Міжнародний аеропорт «Одеса») (IATA: ODS, ICAO: UKOO) is an international airport of Odessa, the third largest city of Ukraine, located 7 km (4.3 mi) southwest from its city centre.
The area of Odessa International airport is 570 hectares. Technical service of airport is based on 2800 square meters area and represented by 4 parking places to provide technical service to 4 planes simultaneously. European standards classify the airport as "class 1". The airport has ILS CAT I status.
The airport's runways either were or are co-used by the Ukrainian Air Force.
The airport was built in 1961.
In May 2007, the airport started construction work that includes extending the main runway. In 2009, it served 651,000 passengers.
On 8 June 2012, builders started to prepare the land on which the new terminal will be built. The area of the new terminal will be 26,000 square meters, have the capacity for 1000 passengers per hour (1.5–2 million passengers per year), will have 16 check-in desks, 4 telescopic gangways, and the number of bus pick-up points will be increased from 2 to 5. The construction of the new terminal was planned to be completed by the end of 2013, however, due to extensive delays, has been opened for arrivals on April 15, 2017. It will serve both international and domestic flights. The estimated cost of the work is around 45–60 million . Airport Consulting Vienna company has developed a master plan, business plan and evaluation of the technical concept of the airport. The chief designer of the project is a Spanish company Ineco.
Airlines and destinations
|Year||Passengers||Change on previous year||Odessa International Airport Passenger Totals 2001–2018 (in millions)|
- List of airports in Ukraine
- List of the busiest airports in Ukraine
- List of the busiest airports in Europe
- List of the busiest airports in the former USSR
- Ukraine travel guide dompavlov.com – Odessa International Airport Archived 2011-11-11 at the Wayback Machine
- "New terminal launched at Odesa airport - Russian aviation news". Russian Aviation Insider. 2017-04-19. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- "Чартерные билеты в Тиват". Chartershop.com.ua. Retrieved 2018-09-02.
- routesonline.com. 5 September 2018 https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/280386/atlasglobal-ukraine-adds-istanbul-odessa-from-nov-2018/. Retrieved 6 September 2018. Missing or empty
- "Flights". anextour.com.ua.
- Liu, Jim (20 February 2019). "SkyUp Airlines updates S19 network expansion". Routesonline.
- "freight monitor". online.joinup.ua. 9 July 2018.
- Liu, Jim (7 February 2017). "Sun d'Or plans additional routes for S17". Routesonline. Routesonline. Retrieved 7 February 2017.
- Liu, Jim (2 August 2018). "Tarom adds Odessa / Tbilisi from Sep 2018". Routesonline. Retrieved 2 August 2018.
- "Charter flights timetable". flyuia.com. 30 January 2018. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Yanair начала продажи билетов на новый прямой рейс Одесса-Краков" (Press release). Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- Liu, Jim (21 April 2018). "YanAir adds Krakow link from May 2018". Routesonline. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
Media related to Odessa International Airport at Wikimedia Commons