Odessa International Airport
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008)|
|Odessa International Airport
Міжнародний аеропорт «Одеса»
|IATA: ODS – ICAO: UKOO|
|Focus city for||Ukraine International Airlines|
|Elevation AMSL||172 ft / 52 m|
Odessa International Airport (Ukrainian: Міжнародний аеропорт «Одеса») (IATA: ODS, ICAO: UKOO) is the international airport of Odessa, the third largest city of Ukraine, located 7 km (4.3 mi) southwest from its city centre.
The area of Odessa International airport is 570 hectares. Technical service of airport is based on 2800 square meters area and represented by 4 parking places to provide technical service to 4 planes simultaneously. European standards classify the airport as "class 1". The airport has ILS CAT I status.
The airport's runways either were or are co-used by the Ukrainian Air Force.
The airport was built in 1961.
In May 2007, the airport started construction work that includes extending the main runway. In 2009, it served 651,000 passengers. On June 8, 2012 builders started to prepare the land on which the new terminal will be built. The area of the new terminal will be 26,000 square meters, have the capacity for 1000 passengers per hour (1.5–2 million passengers per year), will have 16 check-in desks, 4 telescopic gangways, and the number of bus pick-up points will be increased from 2 to 5. The construction of the new terminal was planned to be completed by the end of 2013, however work continues in 2015. It will serve both international and domestic flights. The estimated cost of the work is around 45–60 million. Airport Consulting Vienna company has developed a master plan, business plan and evaluation of the technical concept of the airport. The chief designer of the project is a Spanish company Ineco.
Airlines and destinations
|Astra Airlines||Seasonal charter: Thessaloniki|
Seasonal: Batumi, Ivano-Frankivsk
|LOT Polish Airlines||Warsaw–Chopin|
|Ukraine International Airlines||Istanbul–Atatürk, Kiev–Boryspil, Moscow-Domodedovo, St Petersburg, Tel Aviv–Ben Gurion
Seasonal: Baku, Kharkiv, Lviv, Vilnius, Yerevan
Seasonal charter: Barcelona, Heraklion, Podgorica
|UTair Ukraine||Seasonal charter: Antalya|
|Windrose Airlines||Seasonal charter: Sharm el-Sheikh|
|Year||Passengers||Change on previous year|
- EUROCONTROL basic
- Ukraine travel guide dompavlov.com – Odessa International Airport
- L, J (6 February 2015). "Austrian Resumes Odessa Service from late-March 2015". Airline Route. Retrieved 6 February 2015.
- "Schedule". dniproavia.com. Dniproavia airlines. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- "Flight schedule". dniproavia.com. «Dniproavia» airlines. Retrieved 7 May 2015.
- "Flight schedule". http://dniproavia.com/. «Dniproavia» airlines. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "Where We Fly - Odessa". Georgian Airways. Retrieved 15 June 2015.
- "City pairs Schedule". Information and Services. JSC "TRANSAERO" Airlines. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- L, J (23 March 2015). "Ukraine International Expands Odessa New Routes in S15". Airline Route. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- L, J (19 November 2014). "Ukraine International Airlines Adds New Routes in S15". Airline Route. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
Media related to Odessa International Airport at Wikimedia Commons