National University "Odessa Maritime Academy"
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Одеська національна морська академія|
National University "Odessa Maritime Academy" is a maritime college in Odessa, Ukraine. It was founded in 1944 as the Odessa Higher Engineering Marine School and renamed in 2002(renamed again 01 January 2016 National University <<Odessa Maritime Academy>>).
The studies are carried out according to the graded system. The terms of studies are the following: four years for bachelor, five and a half years for specialist and master. The system of ship's crew training is in compliance with the requirements of the International Convention of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW -78/ 95) and other international conventions which give graduates the right to work on all types of vessels of native and foreign companies.
Since 2014 the OMA serves as the official naval academy of the Ukrainian Navy.
On June 7, 1944 formed above Odesa Marine College (OMC).
On May 29, 1958 OVMU renamed Odesa Higher Engineering Sea School (OVIMU).
On April 26, 1991 OVIMU converted to Odesa State Maritime Academy (OSMA).
On September 21, 2002 OSMA granted national status and name - Odesa National Maritime Academy (ONMA).
Over the years the University has trained nearly 40,000 professionals for the navy of the former USSR, Ukraine, and 45 foreign countries.
Campuses and buildings
The facilities of NU"OMA": 7 educational buildings, cadet's town (crew) with 4 residential buildings, a canteen with buttery, a sport complex, a modern medical and sanitary centre, an Olympic standard swimming pool, fitness halls and gyms, a mini-stadium, a water station on the sea-shore, dining places by 1200 with modern equipment cafe, club.
The training sailing ship "Friendship" was built in Poland for NU"OMA".
Institutes and faculties
Today the University includes Naval Institute of NU"OMA"; Azov Maritime Institute of NU"OMA" in Mariupol; Danube Institute of NU"OMA"; the Seafaring College of Technical Fleet of NU"OMA" and the Maritime College named after O.I. Marinesko of NU"OMA"; Training and Certifying Center of Seafarers of NU"OMA", Training Centres equipped with modern facilities that meet world standards.
The Training and Methodical Centre of Pre-Higher School Education with access courses is also a part of NU"OMA". Forms of Education: full-time, part-time; on the contract basis and free of charge.
- Navigation Faculty
- Maritime Transportation and Technologies Faculty
- Marine Engineering Faculty
- Automation Faculty
- Electrical Engineering and Radio Electronics Faculty
- Maritime Law and Management Faculty
- Foreign Students Dean's Office
Honorable doctors and famous alumni
- Miyusov Mikhail V. - Professor, Honored Worker of Education of Ukraine, honored worker of Maritime and River Transport of Ukraine, Head of the automation of diesel and gas turbine units, Rector ONMA.
- Golikov Vladimir A. - Professor, Honored Worker of Education of Ukraine, honored worker of Maritime and River Transport of Ukraine, Vice President for Research ONMA.
- Golubyev Vitaly K. - PhD., Professor, Honored Worker of Education of Ukraine, honored worker of the USSR Navy, Vice-Chancellor ONMA 1981 - 2008 GG
- Zaletov Vasily Mikhailovich - Professor, Honored Worker of the USSR Navy, Honored Worker of Higher Education of the Ukrainian SSR, the head of the Odesa State Maritime Academy (Osma) 1974 - 2000
- Kotrikov Kim P. - PhD, Professor, Head of Department with electro 1959 - 2000, GG, Honored Worker of the USSR Navy.
- Trump Laurent Antonovich - PhD, Professor, Dean of the Faculty of Navigation 1989 - 1999, GG, honored worker of Maritime and River Transport of Ukraine.
- Kolegayev Mikhail - PhD, professor ONMA, Honored Worker of Sea and River Transport of Ukraine, the dean of the Faculty of Marine Engineering ONMA.
- Kozminykh Anatoly - Professor, Honored Scientist of Ukraine, Honored Worker of the USSR Navy, Chief of Department of Automation 1989 - 1996 GG
- Kuznetsova Inessa V. - PhD, Professor, Head of Department of Philosophy, honored worker of science and technology, the Excellent Public Education of Ukraine, honored worker of Maritime and River Transport of Ukraine.
- Lanchukovsky Lenin - PhD, Professor, Honorary Secretary of the Odesa Branch of the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology.
- Tsymbal Nicholay - Professor, Honored Worker of Sea and River Transport of Ukraine, dean of marine navigation ONMA.