|Origin||San Francisco, California, USA|
|Genres||Death metal, technical death metal|
|Years active||2001 - Present|
|Labels||Willowtip, Unique Leader|
|Associated acts||Decrepit Birth, Severed Savior, WARBREAKER|
|Past members||Lee Smith
Odious Mortem is a death metal band from San Francisco, California/Santa Cruz, California, USA. The band is currently signed to Willowtip Records. Odious Mortem has released two studio albums, through Unique Leader Records and Willowtip Records, as well as an independently released demo in 2003.
Odious Mortem's musical style features technically complex, down-tuned guitars and relentless pummeling drum work. Lyrical themes include humanity, the Earth, drugs, psychosis, greed, fear, suffering, possibility, social situations, annihilation, human consciousness, and the collapse of civilization.
Odious Mortem was formed in 2000 in Encinitas, California by KC Howard (drums), David Siskin (guitar), and Dan Eggers (guitar, vocals). In 2003, Odious Mortem recorded and independently released a demo, Gestation of Worms, which led to a deal with Unique Leader Records. The band recorded their debut album, Devouring The Prophecy, with engineer Matt Sotelo of Decrepit Birth, in March 2004 at Legion Studios in Santa Cruz, CA. It was released on February 8, 2005.
In 2004, KC Howard joined death metal band Decrepit Birth as a full-time member. In November 2006, after their "Bloodletting North America" tour with Deeds of Flesh, Odious Mortem completed work on their second album and headed into Castle Ultimate Studios in Oakland, California to record new material. The resulting album, Cryptic Implosion, was released on April 24, 2007. Also in 2007, the band played at the Maryland Deathfest.
In 2007, David Siskin left the band (later returning to the band) to focus on his professional career and to rehash his love of the jungle, drum & bass genres. He is currently deejaying and producing under the alias WARBREAKER and can be found in the San Francisco Bay Area playing shows and focusing on the more experimental, drum-driven, idm aspects of drum & bass. David Siskin recently released a single on the Flatwoods Creative imprint under this guise. Check out  along with  for more details on that.
As of early 2013, the band are engaged in other projects and are planning a number of live performances including a new album. The new album is almost completed, will be released 2014.
Dan Eggers, Joel Horner, and KC Howard were members of Decrepit Birth until 2010, and Anthony Trapani recently joined the death metal outfit Severed Savior. David Siskin is playing electronic music under the alias WAR//BREAKER. 
|Date of Release||Title||Label||Charted||Country||Catalog Number|
|2003||Gestation of Worms (Demo)||self released|
|February 8, 2005||Devouring The Prophecy||Unique Leader||B0007GAE26|
|April 23, 2007||Cryptic Implosion||Willowtip||WT-050|
- Anthony Trapani - Vocals
- David Siskin - Guitars
- Dan Eggers - Guitars
- Joel Horner - Bass/Guitar
- KC Howard - Drums
- Ivan Munguia - Bass
- "Odious Mortem Signs To Willowtip". Metal Underground. November 3, 2006. Retrieved 2009-02-22.
- Chris Harris and Jon Wiederhorn (November 10, 2006). "Metal File:Odious Mortem have inked a deal with Willowtip Records". MTV. Retrieved 2009-02-22.
- "Devouring the Prophecy album info". Allmusic. Retrieved 2009-02-22.
- "Cryptic Implosion album info". Allmusic. Retrieved 2009-02-22.
- Odious Mortem - biography
- "Odious Mortem Added to Maryland Deathfest". Metal Underground. April 4, 2007. Retrieved 2009-02-22.
- Odious Mortem - live
- "Severed Savior recruits Odious Mortem singer". The Gauntlet. December 12, 2007. Retrieved 2009-02-22.
- "Odious Mortem discograghy". Allmusic. Retrieved 2009-02-22.
- Official Site
- Cryptic Implosion at Willowtip Records
- J. Campbell (July 2007). "Cryptic Implosion review". Metal-rules.com. Retrieved 2009-02-22.
- Chad Bowar. "Cryptic Implosion review". Heavymetal.about.com. Retrieved 2009-02-22.