Odisha Mining Corporation
This article does not cite any sources. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Public Sector Undertaking |
Government of Odisha
|Headquarters||Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India|
L. Vineel Krishna |
Odisha Mining Corporation Limited or OMC is a Gold Category Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) established on 16 May 1956 as a joint venture company between Government of Odisha and Government of India to explore and harness mineral wealth of the Odisha and make value addition. Odisha Mining Corporation is managed by a Board of Directors consisting of Government Directors and Independent Directors. The day-to-day management of the corporation is looked after by the Chairman and the Managing Director as authorized by the Board of Directors.
- 1956: Odisha Mining Corporation Limited (OMC) was born on 16 May 1956 as a joint venture Company of Government of Odisha and Government of India to explore and harness mineral wealth of the State of Odisha and make value addition.
- 1961: Subsequently, on 17 November 1961, OMC became a wholly State-owned Corporation of Government of Odisha.
- 2003: ISO 9001:2000 Certification
- 2005: Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Package as a Management Tool implemented for which Odisha Mining Corporation received Golden Peacock Award in 2006-07
- 2007: ISO 14001:2004 Certification
- 2012: The Odisha Mining Corporation Limited has been classified as a "Gold Category" State Public Sector Undertaking (PSU).