This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In the World of Greyhawk campaign setting for the Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying game, the Oeridians (sometimes called the "Oerid") are a race of humans living in the Flanaess. Having once inhabited the plains of Central Oerik, they moved into what is now known as Ull starting 1,235 years ago; the Oeridians were driven eastward into the Flanaess by orcs and goblins used as mercenaries by the Baklunish Empire and the Suel Imperium. The Oeridians settled in much of the Flanaess, often conquering and assimilating the Flan natives and Suel settlers, though some lands, such as the Sheldomar Valley and Vale of Luna, were settled more peacefully.
The Flanaess' most powerful modern empire, the Great Kingdom of Aerdy, was founded by a warlike Oeridian tribe known as the Aerdi. Other notable Oeridian tribes include the Vollar of modern Veluna and the Nyrondal of Nyrond.
Oeridian skin ranges from tan to olive. Their hair ranges the whole spectrum from honey blond to black, although brown and reddish brown predominate. Eye coloration varies, but brown and gray are most common.
The following deities make up the Oeridian pantheon:
- Sol, the name by which Pelor was known by early Oeridians.
- Stern Alia
- The Velaeri, a collective name for the Oeridian agricultural gods Velnius, Telchur, Atroa, Sotillion, and Wenta.
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Gygax, Gary. World of Greyhawk Fantasy Game Setting (TSR, 1983).
- Holian, Gary, Erik Mona, Sean K Reynolds, and Frederick Weining. Living Greyhawk Gazetteer (Wizards of the Coast, 2000).
- Moore, Roger E. Greyhawk: The Adventure Begins (TSR, 1998).
- Sargent, Carl. From the Ashes (TSR, 1993).
|This Dungeons & Dragons article related to Greyhawk is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|