The 1980 version of the World of Greyhawk Fantasy Game Setting concentrates on the eastern part of Oerik, giving the most basic descriptions of its approximately 60 states. The "Atlas of the Flanaess" booklet from the From the Ashes boxed set presents a broad overview of the eastern portion of Oerik, Oerth's major continent and the primary locale for Greyhawk campaigns.
Oerik is named after the Oeridians, a human people who settled much of the continent. The best-known part of Oerik is the eastern portion, known as the Flanaess, named after the first human settlers to that region, the Flan.
A lesser-known region, Western Oerik, was described in materials for the Chainmail game from 2001-2002.
- Cook, David. "History of the Greyhawk Wars." Wars (TSR, 1991). Available Online: 
- Gygax, Gary. The World of Greyhawk (TSR, 1980).
- Holian, Gary, Erik Mona, Sean K Reynolds, and Frederick Weining. Living Greyhawk Gazetteer (Wizards of the Coast, 2000).
- Moore, Roger E. Greyhawk: The Adventure Begins (TSR, 1998).
- Sargent, Carl. From the Ashes (TSR, 1992).
- Williams, Skip. "Beyond the Flanaess." Dragon Annual #1. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1996.
|This Dungeons & Dragons article related to Greyhawk is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|