Off Broadway USA
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Off Broadway USA is an American rock band founded by Paul Darrow, Cliff Johnson, Paul McDermott, John Pazdan and Dan Santercola in 1977 in Oak Park, Illinois, United States. After several line-up changes including the addition of songwriter/guitarist John Ivan and Robert Harding, the band's debut album On was released by Atlantic Records in 1979. The album reached No. 101 on the Billboard 200 and spawned the single "Stay in Time", which reached No. 51 on the Billboard Hot 100. Off Broadway released a follow-up album, Quick Turns, on Atlantic Records in 1980 and continued touring for three years before breaking up in 1983.
The band currently consists of all original On album players: John Pazdan (bass guitar/backing vocals), John Ivan (guitar), Cliff Johnson (lead vocals), Ken Harck (drums), and Rob Harding (guitar/backing vocals).
- On (1979), U.S. No. 101
- Quick Turns (1980), U.S. No. 208
- Fallin' In (1997)
- Live At Fitzgeralds (1998)
- "Stay in Time" (1979), U.S. No. 51
- "Bad Indication" (1979)
- "Automatic" (1980)
- "Are You Alone" (1980)
- Off Broadway Charts and Awards, AllMusic
- "wls051080 : Forty Fives : LW TW WEEK ENDING MAY 10,1980 VOL. 20, N0. 30". Oldiesloon.com. 1980-05-10. Retrieved 2020-04-11. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)