off our backs
off our backs, inc. (United States)
off our backs (oob) was an American radical feminist periodical that ran from 1970 to 2008. It began publishing on February 27, 1970, with a twelve-page tabloid first issue. From 2002 the editors adapted it into a bimonthly journal.
off our backs was edited and published by a collective of women who practiced consensus decision-making. Marilyn Salzman Webb, Heidi Steffens, Marlene Wicks, Colette Reid, and Norma Lesser formed the original off our backs collective. The staff later[when?] consisted of Carol Anne Douglas, Tacie Dejanikus, Amaya Roberson, Sherri Whatley, Laura Butterbaugh, Farar Elliott, Angie Manzano, Karla Mantilla, Jennie Ruby, Jenn Smith, Alice Henry, and Angie Young.
off our backs was last published in 2008.
- List of lesbian periodicals
- On Our Backs, a lesbian pornographic magazine whose title parodies that of off our backs.
- Jenny Gunnarsson Payne (November 2009). "Feminist media as alternative media? A literature review". Interface: a journal for and about social movements. 1 (2). Retrieved February 27, 2017.
- Brownmiller, Susan (2000). In Our Time: Memoir of a Revolution. New York: Dial Press. ISBN 978-0-385-31486-2. OCLC 41885669.
- off our backs – About Us
- Official website
- Off Our Backs archives housed at Hornbake Library, University of Maryland Libraries
|This women's magazine–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.
|This feminism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|