Type of site
|Launched||August 9, 2012|
|Current status||Closed (February 9, 2016)|
Offbeatr was a US website for crowdfunding pornography. It has been described as “Kickstarter for porn”. Project creators posted pitches for new projects, which could be media, events or objects. The user community voted on projects. If a project got enough votes, it would open for funding. If a project met its goal, then the project creator got the funds. Project creators could also sell previously created material. Projects had to be based in either United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, France, Australia, or New Zealand.
The site went inactive on February 9, 2016 (following a February 2, 2016 announcement), with a new blog entry announcing the closure.
- Roettgers, Janko (2012-08-09). "Here comes Offbeatr, the Kickstarter for porn: Why you should take a look". Gigaom. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- Biggs, John (2012-08-09). "Offbeatr Is A Kickstarter For Your Fantasies". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- Oswaks, Molly (2012-08-14). "New NSFW Crowdfunding Platform Offbeatr Gives Your Naughty Projects a Place to Grow". Gizmodo. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- Shweta Sharma (2012-09-16). "Crowdsourced funds lend a helping hand to adult entertainment". The Sunday Guardian. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- Andy Boxall (2012-08-10). "Offbeatr: It's Kickstarter for those who want to give "adult" projects a helping hand". Digital Trends. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- Laurence Parry (December 11, 2012). "Furry porn sweeps Offbeatr; their CEO, project leads explain". Flayrah.
- "The Closing of Offbeatr". February 8, 2016.
|This article about a pornographic website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|