|Born||1968 (age 48–49)
|Years active||1997 –|
Yūji Tajiri (田尻裕司 Tajiri Yūji) is a Japanese film director, screenwriter, and actor. He is one of the group of pink film directors collectively known as the "Seven Lucky Gods of Pink" (ピンク七福神 shichifukujin), a group which also includes Toshiya Ueno, Mitsuru Meike, Shinji Imaoka, Yoshitaka Kamata, Toshirō Enomoto and Rei Sakamoto.
Life and career
Yūji Tajiri was born in a small town in Hokkaido in 1968. His main interest as a youth was watching movies, and he began writing his own film scripts and making 8mm films while a teenager. At this time he began sneaking into adult theaters, and was impressed by director Kichitaro Negishi's Roman Porno film Crazy Fruit (1981)-- a pink remake of Crazed Fruit (1956).
Tajiri moved to Tokyo and, while attending Teikyo University, continued his movie-going habits. He was impressed with Hisayasu Satō's Lolita: Vibrator Torture (1987), an independent pink film which he saw on a triple-bill with two Nikkatsu films. After he found an advertisement from Shishi studios for assistant director positions, he researched the studio. It had been founded by pink film veteran Kan Mukai and Satō had made Lolita: Vibrator Torture there. Shishi accepted Tajiri, and he began working at the studio as an assistant director in 1990. Starting as an assistant director, he worked with such directors as Satō and Takahisa Zeze.
Tajiri's directorial debut was with the 1997 film Go Go Train (イケイケ電車 ハメて、行かせて、やめないで！). His second film, Office Lady Love Juice (ＯＬの愛汁 ラブジュース OL no aijiru: rabu jyūsu), was chosen as the Best Film of the year at the Pink Grand Prix, and Tajiri was given the Best Director award. The mainstream "Japanese Film Professional's Award" also awarded the film, choosing it as the seventh best release of the year. Tajiri's 2004 film, Twitch – You Are My Toy about erotic complications in the photography industry, won the bronze prize at the Pink Grand Prix. The film also won awards for Best Actress and Best Cinematography.
- Sharp, Jasper (2008). Behind the Pink Curtain: The Complete History of Japanese Sex Cinema. Guildford: FAB Press. pp. 315, 361. ISBN 978-1-903254-54-7.
- Tajiri Yuji at AllMovie
- Yûji Tajiri on IMDb
- 田尻裕司 たじり・ゆうじ (in Japanese). allcinema.net. Retrieved 2009-06-17.
- 田尻裕司 (in Japanese). Japanese Movie Database. Retrieved 2009-06-17.
- 田尻裕司 （タジリユウジ） (in Japanese). Variety Japan. Retrieved 2009-06-17.
- Zenba, Takehiro (2005-11-18). "インタビュー: 田尻裕司(映画監督) (Yūji Tajiri interview" (in Japanese). Creators Movie Magazine. Retrieved 2009-06-17.
- Zenba, Takehiro (2005-12-05). "インタビュー: 田尻裕司(映画監督) Part2 (Yūji Tajiri interview, part 2)" (in Japanese). Creators Movie Magazine. Retrieved 2009-06-17.
- Domenig, Roland (2002). "Vital flesh: the mysterious world of Pink Eiga". Archived from the original on 2004-11-18. Retrieved 2009-06-17.
- Sharp, Jasper (2008). Behind the Pink Curtain: The Complete History of Japanese Sex Cinema. Guildford: FAB Press. p. 315. ISBN 978-1-903254-54-7.
- Zenba, Takehiro (2005-11-18). "インタビュー: 田尻裕司(映画監督) (Yūji Tajiri interview)" (in Japanese). Creators Movie Magazine. Retrieved 2009-06-17.
- "Pink Films History" (in Japanese). P.G. Web Site. Retrieved 2010-11-28.
- "Best Ten of 1999 (１９９９年度ベストテン)" (in Japanese). P.G. Web Site. Retrieved January 18, 2009.
- 第９回日本映画プロフェッショナル大賞 (in Japanese). nichi-pro.filmcity.jp. Retrieved June 2, 2009. External link in
- Sharp, pp. 316-317
- "Best Ten of 2004 (２００４年度ベストテン)" (in Japanese). P.G. Web Site. Retrieved January 18, 2009.
|Awards and achievements|
|Pink Grand Prix|
for Moon Light Dinner
|Pink Grand Prix for Best Director
for Office Lady Love Juice
for The Bride is Wet on the Wedding Night