Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Peter Navarro, director
|Formed||April 29, 2017|
|Headquarters||Washington, D.C., U.S.|
|Parent agency||Office of White House Policy|
Mission and responsibilities
Full quotation of Sec. 2 (mission)
- "The mission of the OTMP is to defend and serve American workers and domestic manufacturers while advising the President on policies to increase economic growth, decrease the trade deficit, and strengthen the United States manufacturing and defense industrial bases."
and of Sec. 3 (Responsibilities):
- "The OTMP shall:
- (a) advise the President on innovative strategies and promote trade policies consistent with the President's stated goals;
- (b) serve as a liaison between the White House and the Department of Commerce and undertake trade-related special projects as requested by the President; and
- (c) help improve the performance of the executive branch's domestic procurement and hiring policies, including through the implementation of the policies described in Executive Order 13788 of April 18, 2017 (Buy American and Hire American)."
On June 19, 2018, OTMP released a report outlining how China’s policies threaten the economic and national security of the United States.
- Navarro, Peter (May 2, 2017). "Trump trade chief: Our trade policy is already working". CNN. Atlanta: Turner Broadcasting System (Time Warner). Retrieved May 10, 2017.
- Horsley, Scott (May 3, 2017). "Peter Navarro: A 'Bricklayer' Of Trump's Protectionist Wall". NPR. Washington, D.C.: National Public Radio, Inc. Retrieved May 10, 2017.
- Korte, Gregory (April 29, 2017). "On his 100th day in office, Trump orders review of free trade agreements". USA Today. McLean, Virginia: Gannett Company. Retrieved May 10, 2017.
- Office of the Press Secretary (April 29, 2017). "Presidential Executive Order on the Establishment of Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy". whitehouse.gov. Washington, D.C.: White House. Retrieved May 10, 2017. This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain.
- "Establishment of Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy" (PDF). Federal Register. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration. April 29, 2017. Archived from the original on May 4, 2017. Retrieved May 10, 2017. This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain.
- "Office of Trade & Manufacturing Policy Report: "How China's Economic Aggression Threatens the Technologies and Intellectual Property of the United States and the World"". The White House. June 19, 2018.
- "How China's Economic Aggression Threatens the Technologies and Intellectual Property of the United States and the World" (PDF). White House Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy. June 19, 2018. Retrieved March 7, 2019.
- Wikisource: 13797