Office of the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General
The department is in charge of managing media relations on behalf of:
- The Secretary-General of the United Nations
- The Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations
- Other senior U.N. officials
- Stéphane Dujarric – Spokesperson for the Secretary-General
- Farhan Haq – Deputy Spokesperson
- Charlotte Larbuisson – Associate Spokesperson for the Secretary-General
- Eri Kaneko – Associate Spokesperson
- Mathias Gillmann – Associate Spokesperson
- Florencia Soto Nino – Associate Spokesperson
In 2012, the official United Nations Twitter account posted an erroneous tweet, implying that the U.N. Secretary-General supports a one-state solution to the Israeli–Palestinian conflict. The tweet was later found to have been written by spokesperson Nancy Groves, who attributed it to a "terrible typo".
According to Reuters, the U.N. spokesperson post is considered to be a "dream job", but it requires taking into account the concerns of the 192 nations and "competing for the Secretary-General's attention".
- "ABOUT OUR OFFICE". United Nations. Retrieved 31 August 2013.
- "U.N. Twitter accidentally calls for single-state solution in Mideast". New York Daily News. Retrieved 31 August 2013.
- "Dream job or snake pit? UN appoints new spokesman". Reuters. Retrieved 31 August 2013.
|This United Nations-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|