From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up offset in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Offset may refer to:
- Offset (film), a 2006 film featuring Răzvan Vasilescu and Alexandra Maria Lara.
- Offset (law), a reduction in the amount to be paid by a losing party on the basis of debt owed by the prevailing party.
- Offset agreement, a trade practice in the aerospace and defense industry.
- Offset loan (finance), a type of flexible lending arrangement.
- Offset printing, a printing technique where an inked image is transferred from plate to printing surface via a rubber blanket.
- Offset Software, a video game development company.
- Project Offset, working title of a first-person shooter video game by Offset Software.
- Carbon offset, a financial instrument meant to aid efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Offset, member of Migos.
Science and engineering
- Offset (botany), a separable part of a plant that can develop into a new, independent plant.
- Offset (computer science), the distance to (displacement of) an element within a data object.
- Offset (gears), the perpendicular distance between the axes of hypoid or offset-facing gears.
- Offset (geometry)
- Offset (geophysics), the distance between a source and receiver of seismic or other geophysical readings.
- Offset (wheel), "the distance between the mounting surface of the back of [a] wheel and the wheel[']s [axis]".
- Offset dish antenna, a type of satellite dish.
- DC offset, the mean amplitude of a waveform (originally, a direct-current ("DC") waveform).
- Frequency offset, the difference between a source and a reference frequency.
- Phase offset
- Displacement (vector) or "offset", the position of a point or a particle in reference to an origin or to a previous position.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Offset.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.