Parts of this article (those related to Economics) need to be updated.(July 2017)
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Gian-Carlo Carra|
|• Total||1.6 km2 (0.6 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,025 m (3,363 ft)|
|Population (2006) |
|• Average Income||$47,500|
|Website||Ogden Community Association|
Ogden is a residential neighbourhood in the south-east quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It includes the districts of Lynnwood and Millican Estates. It is bounded by Glenmore Trail to the south, Deerfoot Trail and the Bow River to the west, and the CPR tracks and the industrial areas of Ogden Shops to the north and east.
Ogden was established in 1912. It is named after I.G. Ogden, former VP of the Canadian Pacific Railway, while the district of Millican takes its name from the Millican family, homesteaders of the early 1900s. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 9 councillor.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $47,500 in 2000, and there were 18.1% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 14.6% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 19.9% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 33.3% of the housing was used for renting.
In December 2012, CP Rail decided to relocate it corporate head offices to Ogden. This move will involve building new corporate offices within the existing century-old Ogden rail yard.
The community is served by Banting & Best Elementary and Sherwood Community public schools, as well as St. Bernadette Elementary School (Catholic).
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Ogden Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-13.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 9 Profile" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-07-23. Retrieved 2007-05-13.