Ogden, West Yorkshire
The Golden Fleece public house
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||Yorkshire and the Humber|
Ogden in West Yorkshire, England, is a small hamlet 5.0 miles (8 km) north of Halifax. The hamlet falls within the Calderdale Ward of Illingworth and Mixenden. Its most recognisable landmarks are Ovenden Moor wind farm, which can be seen from as far as 35 miles (56 km) away on a clear day, a golf course, which offers views of the surrounding moorland; and Ogden reservoir, around which are footpaths for visitors to walk and view the local wildlife.
- "104" (Map). Leeds & Bradford (C1 ed.). 1:50,000. Landranger. Ordnance Survey. 2002. ISBN 0-319-22704-9.
- "Illingworth and Mixenden Ward". data.gov.uk. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- "Giant turbines to stride out onto Ovenden Moor". Halifax Courier. 31 December 2015. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- "Home Page". halifaxgolfclub.co.uk. Halifax Golf Club. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- "Nature reserves Ogden Water". calderdale.gov.uk. Calderdale Council. Archived from the original on 23 November 2016. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
Media related to Ogden, West Yorkshire at Wikimedia Commons
|This West Yorkshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a British power station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|