|Birth name||Herminio Jose Lualhati Alcasid Jr.|
27 August 1967 |
|Origin||Calamba, Laguna, Philippines
|Genres||OPM, Pop, Novelty, CCM|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, Record Producer, Actor, Comedian, Parodist, Television Presenter|
|Labels||Octoarts, PolyEast Records Philippines, MCA Music Philippines, Viva Records, Universal Records|
Herminio Jose Lualhati Alcasid Jr. (born 27 August 1967), known as Ogie Alcasid is a Filipino singer-songwriter, television presenter, comedian, parodist, and actor. He is currently the President of OPM (Organisasyon ng Pilipinong Mang-Aawit) and Commissioner of the Edsa People Power Commission.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ogie is a former batch member of all male singing group Kundirana batch 1985 after Gary Valenciano. His first album was released in 1988. His debut movie was Feel Na Feel released by Regal Entertainment in 1990, followed by his 2nd movie Tiny Terrestrial: The Tiny Professors released by OctoArts films in 1991. The same year, Ogie made his VIVA films debut movie, Pitong Gamol.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Alcasid's television career started as one of the hosts of comedy show Small Brothers on ABS-CBN in 1992. He appeared on other comedy programs such as ABS-CBN's Mana Mana (1991–92), ABC's Tropang Trumpo (from 1994–95), GMA Network's Bubble Gang (1995-2013), QTV's Ay, Robot! (2005–07), and a sitcom Show Me Da Manny (2010–11).
He also branched out as a game show host, beginning in ABS-CBN's Game Na Game Na in 1995 and the Philippine version of Family Feud on ABC-5 in 2001. He hosted Fastbreak, a former basketball game show on IBC 13 in 2002 and Celebrity Duets: Philippine Edition on GMA. He was a host on SOP Rules. He got his big break in Hanggang Kailan, his first drama show, and also sang its main theme with Aiza Seguerra. In 1995, he moved to GMA Network, leaving ABS-CBN.
Alcasid is recently the judge in Pinoy Idol. and hosted such game shows as Da Big Show and Hole In The Wall. In 2013, he left GMA Network and moved to TV5, where he first project under the channel was The Mega and The Songwriter.
In 2016, he returned to his home network, ABS-CBN. He joined Tawag Ng Tanghalan on It's Showtime as a judge and he was also a judge of Your Face Sounds Familiar: Kids, replacing Jed Madela, the judge of season 1 and 2 of the same show.
Before he returned to ABS-CBN, his contract on TV5 had expired. He later appeared on several GMA Network shows as a guest. He appeared as a guest on Yan Ang Morning, Sunday Pinasaya, and on Eat Bulaga! as a guest judge. He was a special guest in Sarap Diva, hosted by his wife, Regine Velasquez-Alcasid, and the comedy show Bubble Gang, where he recently seen until 2013 before his transfer to TV5.
Alcasid debuted as a singer in 1989 with the release of his self-titled album. Ogie Alcasid reached gold record status, while his debut single "Nandito Ako" (I Am Here) was awarded "Song of the Year" by local radio station Magic 89.9. He has since released 18 albums, including a Christmas album (Larawan ng Pasko/Images of Christmas, 1994), a live album (OA sa Hits (Live), 2002), and four greatest hits albums. He has received a total of twelve gold records, three platinum records, and three double platinum records.
|Year of release||Title||Certification|
|1991||A Step Ahead||Platinum|
|1993||On Air||Double Platinum|
|1994||Larawan ng Pasko (Picture of Christmas)|
|1995||A Different Light||Gold|
|1998||Ogie 10th-All the Best||Platinum|
|2000||Now and Then||Gold|
|2002||A Better Man||Double Platinum|
|OA sa Hits (Live)|
|2003||Mga Kuwento ng Pag-ibig (Stories of Love)||Double Platinum|
|2004||The Songbird and the Songwriter||Platinum|
|I Am a Singer||Gold|
|2005||Ogie Alcasid Greatest Hits|
|2006||Greatest Hits, an Audio-visual Anthology|
|2007||Ogie All the Classics|
|2008||The Great Filipino Songbook||Gold|
|2010||Ngayon At Kailanman: A Tribute To George Canseco|
|2012||The Songwriter & The Hitmakers|
|2016||Ikaw Ang Buhay Ko||TBA|
- Boy Pick Up The Movie Album (Universal Records, 2012)
- I Do Bidoo Bidoo (Available only on iTunes Downloading released in 2012)
|2017||The Voice Teens||Guest||ABS-CBN||Special Guest|
|Your Face Sounds Familiar: Kids||Himself / Judge||Judge|
|2016||Magandang Buhay||Himself / Guest|
|Tonight With Boy Abunda|
|It's Showtime||Himself / Tawag Ng Tanghalan Hurado|
|Umagang Kay Ganda||Himself / Special Guest|
|Gandang Gabi, Vice!|
|Bubble Gang||GMA Network|
|Eat Bulaga!||Himself||Guest Judge|
|Tonight with Arnold Clavio||Himself / Guest||GMA News TV|
|Sunday PinaSaya||Himself||GMA Network||Guest Performer|
|Yan Ang Morning!||Himself / Special Guest|
|HAPPinas Happy Hour||Host||TV5|
|Happy Truck HAPPinas|
|Born to Be a Star|
|2015||Kris TV||Himself / Guest||ABS-CBN|
|Happy Truck ng Bayan||Himself / Host||TV5|
|No Harm No Foul||Coach Jawo|
|2014||Let's Ask Pilipinas||TV5||Host|
|Confessions of a Torpe||Tupe Catacutan||Lead Role|
|2013||The Mega and The Songwriter||Himself||Host|
|Tropa Mo Ko Unli||Various|
|Sunday All Stars||GMA Network||Host|
|Magpakailanman: Rolando Niangar Story||Rolando Niangar||Guest Star|
|Himig Handog P-Pop Love Songs||Himself||ABS-CBN||Judge|
|2012||Showbiz Central||Himself / Guest||GMA Network|
|My Daddy Dearest||Bong Adonis / Sampaguita / Bong Adonis Clone||Lead Role|
|Pare & Pare||Himself||Host|
|2011||Daldalita||Mateo Matias||Lead Role|
|Protégé: The Battle For The Big Break||Himself||Host|
|2010||Hole In The Wall (Season 2)||Himself (as Kim Min Yung-only at the first week, later performed other roles, same goes with Michael V.)|
|Kap's Amazing Stories Kids Edition||Host|
|Show Me Da Manny||Manny Pa-Cute||Supporting Role|
|2009||Hole in the Wall||Himself||Host|
|2008||Pinoy Idol||Idol Jury Member|
|Da Big Show||Host|
|2007||Mga Kuwento Ni Lola Basyang||Rodrigo||Lead Role|
|2006||Magpakailanman||Former Sen. Juan Flavier|
|2003||Hanggang Kailan||George||GMA Network||Supporting Role|
|2002||Cyborg Kuro-chan||Kuro (voice)||IBC||Lead Role|
|1994–1995||Tropang Trumpo||ABC 5||Main Cast|
|1994–1996||Game Na Game Na!||ABS-CBN||Host|
|1988–1989||Eat Bulaga!||RPN 9
Selected film roles
- Raketeros 2013, Heaven's Best Entertainment & Star Cinema - Ogie's 1st Star Cinema Movie
- I Do Bidoo Bidoo: Heto nAPO Sila!, 2012 Studio 5 - Ogie's 1st & Only Studio 5 Productions Movie
- Boy Pick-Up: The Movie, 2012 GMA Films
- Noy, 2010 Star Cinema 
- Ang Panday 2009 Best Original Theme Song ("Tanging Ikaw Lamang") Metro Manila Film Festival
- Yaya and Angelina: The Spoiled Brat Movie, 2009 GMA Films 
- OMG (Oh, My Girl!)  2009 Regal Entertainment
- Desperadas 2, 2008 Regal Entertainment
- Shake, Rattle & Roll 2k5, 2005 Regal Entertainment
- Masikip sa Dibdib, 2004 Viva Films
- A.B. Normal College, 2003 Viva Films
- Captain Barbell, 2003 Premiere Entertainment
- Best Man: Nor Better Not 4 Worse, 2002 OctoArts Films
- Pedro Penduko, Episode II: The Return of the Comeback, 2000 Viva Films
- Nanggigigil Ako Sa Iyong Kagandahan, 1999 OctoArts Films
- May Sayad, 1998 OctoArts Films
- Ayos Lang, Pare Ko (It's Okay, My Buddy), 1997 GMA Films - Ogie's 1st GMA Films Movie
- Ten Little Indians, 1996 Mahogany Pictures
- Pwera Biro, Mahal Kita (D' Beachboys), 1996 OctoArts Films
- Barkada walang atrasan, 1995 OctoArts Films
- Si Ayala at Si Zobel, 1995 OctoArts Films
- O Ha! Ako Pa!, 1994 OctoArts Films
- Isko: Adventures in Animasia, 1995 OctoArts Films
- Manila Girl: Ikaw ang aking panaginip, 1995 Prime Pictures
- Manolo en Michelle Hapi Together, 1994 OctoArts Films
- Mama's Boys 2, 1994 OctoArts Films
- Victor Meneses: Dugong Kriminal, 1994 OctoArts Films
- Mga Siyanong Parak, 1993 Regal Entertainment
- Mama's Boys, 1993 OctoArts Films
- Ali in Wonderland, 1992 OctoArts Films
- Mahirap maging pogi, 1992 Viva Films
- Magnong Rehas, 1992 OctoArts Films
- Ano Ba Yan?, 1992 M-Zet Films
- Working Students, 1992 OctoArts Films
- Shake, Rattle & Roll III, 1991 Regal Entertainment
- Kalabang Mortal Ni Baby Ama, 1991 Movie Arts Productions
- Angelito San Miguel at ang mga Batang City Jail, 1991 Viva Films
- Jesus Dela Cruz at ang mga Batang Riles, 1991 Viva Films - Ogie's 1st Action Movie
- Pitong Gamol, 1991 Viva Films
- Tiny Terrestrial: The Tiny Professors, 1991 OctoArts Films
- Feel Na Feel, 1990 Regal Entertainment - Ogie's Debut Movie
- Popular Male recording Artist
- Representative to the 1990 ASEAN SONG FESTIVAL, Kuala Lumpur
- Awit Awards Best Revival Recording (PAGKAKATAON)
- Awit Awards Best Performance By A Male Recording Artist (MAHAL KITA, WALANG..)
- Awit Awards Best Movie/TV/Stage Theme Song (PAANO BA ANG MAG-ISA?)
- Awit Awards Best Performance By A Male Recording Artist (BAKIT NGAYON KA...)
- Awit Awards Best Movie/TV/Stage Theme Song (BAKIT NGAYON KA LANG)
- Catholic Mass Media Award (CMMA) Best Original Pilipino Music (DAHIL MAHAL...)
- Manila Film Festival Best Movie Theme song (DAHIL MAHAL KITA)
- Awit Awards Best Produced Record of the Year (BAKIT KA LUMAYO)
- Awit Awards Best Inspirational/Religious Recording (SIYA ANG BIDA)
- Best Male Music Video Award in the MTV Philippine Video Music Awards 2000. (KUNG MAWAWALA KA)
- 2000 Aliw Awards Best Male Performance in Music Lounges, Bars, Clubs and Restaurants.
- 2000 Awit Awards Best Ballad Recording (KUNG MAWAWALA KA).
- 2000 Awit Awards Song of the Year (KUNG MAWAWALA KA).
- 2000 RX 93.1 OPM Male Artist of the Year
- 2001 Star Awards Best Movie Theme Song of The Year (KAILANGAN KO'Y IKAW)
- 2001 Famas Best Movie Theme Song of the Year (KAILANGAN KO'Y IKAW).
- 2001 Best Male Music Video Award in the MTV Pilipinas 2001 (KAHIT NA).
- 2001 Best Song Music Video Award in the MTV Pilipinas 2001 (KAHIT NA).
- 2001 Tanyag Na Ulirang Ama from National Mother's and Father's Day Foundation, Inc.
- 2001 Aliw Awards Best Male Performance in Music Lounges, Bars, Clubs and Restaurants.
- 2001 Gawad Pagkilala kay Ogie Alcasid (mang-aawit/kompositor/liriko) sa Pamamagitan ng Musika sa Wikang Pilipino mula sa Republika ng Pilipinas Sanggunian ng Wika sa Pambansang Pagpapa-unlad s/Pamamahala ng Komisyon sa Wikang Pilipino
- 2001 Awit Awards Song of the Year (KAILANGAN KO'Y IKAW)
- 2001 Awit Awards Best Ballad Recording (KAILANGAN KO'Y IKAW)
- 2001 Awit Awards Best Movie/TV/Stage Theme Song Recording (KAILANGAN KO'Y IKAW)
- 2002 Aliw Awards Best Male Performance in Music Lounges, Bars, Clubs and Restaurants
- 2002 Awit Awards Album of the Year (A BETTER MAN).
- 2002 Awit Awards Best Performance by a Male Recording Artist (IKAW SANA).
- 2002 Star Awards Best Comedy Actor (BUBBLE GANG).
- 2003 National Press Club Tinig Awards - One of the Top Ten Singers of the Philippines
- 2003 Star Awards Best Movie Theme Song of the Year (KAILANGAN KITA).
- 2003 Famas Best Movie Theme Song of the Year (KAILANGAN KITA).
- 2003 Manila Filmfestival Best Original Movie Theme Song of the Year (PANGARAP KO...)
- 2003 MTV Pilipinas Favorite Male Artist (SANA)
- 2003 Aliw Awards Best Male Performance In A Concert (OA SA HITS!)
- 2003 Aliw Awards Entertainer Of The Year (OA SA HITS!)
- 2004 Star Awards Best Original Theme Song (PANGARAP KO ANG IBIGIN KA)
- 2004 Guillermo Mendoza Memorial Award Most Popular Male Singer/Entertainer
- 2004 Golden Screen Awards Best Original Song (PANGARAP KO ANG IBIGIN KA)
- 2004 Aliw Awards Best Major Concert (Male) - (OA @ 15)
- 2004 Awit Awards Best Song Written for Movie/TV/Stage Play (PANGARAP KO ANG IBIGIN KA)
- 2004 Golden Screen Awards Best Male TV Host (S.O.P.)
- 2004 Star Awards Best Male TV Host (S.O.P.)
- 2004 Star Awards Best Comedy Actor (Bubble Gang)
- 2004 National Press Club Tinig Awards - One of the Top Ten Singers of the Philippines
- 2005 Guillermo Mendoza Memorial Award Most Popular Male Singer/Entertainer
- 2005 Golden Screen Awards Outstanding Performance in a Comedy Gag Show (Bubble Gang)
- 2005 Aliw Awards Entertainer Of The Year
- 2006 Guillermo Mendoza Memorial Award Most Popular Male Entertainer of the Year
- 2006 Aliw Awards Best Major Concert (Male)
- 2006 Aliw Awards Entertainer Of The Year
- 2006 Star Awards Best Comedy Actor (Bubble Gang)
- 2008 24th Star Award for movies, movie theme song of the year, Pano Ba Kita Iibigin
- 2008 Aliw Awards Best Major Concert Male
- 2008 Aliw Awards Entertainer of the Year
- 2008 Awit Awards Best Movie/TV/Stage Theme Song ‘’Paano kita Iibigin”
- 2008 FAMAS Golden Artist Awardee
- 2008 Star Awards Best Comedy Actor “Bubble Gang”
- 2008 Gold Record Award for The Greatest Filipino Songbook, 8/31/2008
- 2009 Platinum Award for The Greatest Filipino Songbook, 4/26/2009
- 2008 Aliw Awards "Entertainer of the Year"
- (2000, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2010) Winner, PMPC Star Awards for TV Best Comedy Actor
- 2009 STAR AWARDS FOR MUSIC( Male Recording Artist-First Recipient)
- 2010 Aliw Awards "Best Major Concert by a male performer in the Concert Ogie and the Idols"
- 2010 PMPC Star Awards for "BEST COMEDY ACTOR(BUBBLE GANG)"
- 2011 PMPC Star Awards for "BEST COMEDY ACTOR(BUBBLE GANG)"
- 2011 GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards - Male Concert Performer of the Year
- 2012 Empress Award for Best Comedy Actor
- 2012 Multiple Intelligence for music award (Multiple Intelligence school)
- 2014 KBP Golden Award Winner For Best Comedy Actor
- Myx Music Awards 2016 Magna Awardee
This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Owner of chain of hot dog stalls called Oggie Doggie.
- He co-owns Ryu Ramen and Curry Restaurant
- He is Chairman of opm2go.com, an online music store
- He is President of Starmedia Events, an events company
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- President of Organisasyon ng Pilipinong Mang – aawit, an organization of singers.
- Commissioner of EDSA people power commission, 2010 – present
- Sagip Foundation Spokesperson
- National Commission for Culture and Arts, Heritage month Ambassador
- Kapuso Foundation advocacy, Ogie – Regine celebrity Ukay-Ukay
- Childhope Asia spokesperson
In 2007, however, Alcasid announced that he and Eimeren have been separated. On December 22, 2010, he remarried, to Regine Velasquez, at a resort in Nasugbu, Batangas. He and Velasquez have a son, Nathaniel James ("Nate"), born on November 8, 2011.
- Ogie Alcasid official website, ogiealcasid.ph; accessed 21 June 2015.
- Dee Calma, Archie (15 January 2008). "Ogie Alcasid wants to have a baby with Regine but willing to wait for the right time". Philippine Entertainment Portal.
- "‘Noy’ rated ‘A’ by Cinema Evaluation Board". TV Patrol World. 2010-06-01.
- "Metro Manila Film Festival: 2009", imdb.com; accessed 21 June 2015.
- "Yaya & Angelina: The Spoiled Brat Movie". IMDB. Box Office Mojo.
- OMG (Oh, My Girl!), pep.ph; accessed 21 June 2015.
- gmanews.tv/story, Ogie Alcasid is named Entertainer Of The Year
- "42nd Box-Office Entertainment Awards honors outstanding actors and actresses of 2010", Pep.ph; retrieved 20 June 2015.
- "FULL LIST: Winners, Myx Music Awards 2016". Rappler. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- Mesina, Divine (March 2005). "New sausages on the block". Entrepreneur Philippines. Archived from the original on 21 June 2015. Retrieved 16 January 2008.
- "LOOK: Ogie reunites with daughters with Michelle". ABS-CBN Corporation. 5 August 2015. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "PEP: All is set for Ogie Alcasid-Regine Velasquez wedding". GMA News. 17 December 2010. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "Regine Velasquez gives birth to baby boy Nathaniel James". GMA News. 9 November 2011. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- Garcia, Rose (9 March 2014). "Ogie Alcasid on sharing his faith with showbiz friends: “If forgiveness is the name of the game, all our problems in this world are solved.”". PEP.ph. Retrieved 5 September 2016.