Ogilvie Ridge, Edmonton

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Ogilvie Ridge
Neighbourhood
Ogilvie Ridge is located in Edmonton
Ogilvie Ridge
Ogilvie Ridge
Location of Ogilvie Ridge in Edmonton
Coordinates: 53°27′50″N 113°33′58″W / 53.464°N 113.566°W / 53.464; -113.566
Country  Canada
Province  Alberta
City Edmonton
Quadrant[1] NW
Ward[1] 9
Sector[2] Southwest
Area[3][4] Riverbend
Government[5]
 • Administrative body Edmonton City Council
 • Councillor Bryan Anderson
Area[6]
 • Total 0.52 km2 (0.20 sq mi)
Elevation 684 m (2,244 ft)
Population (2012)[7]
 • Total 1,001
 • Density 1,925/km2 (4,990/sq mi)
 • Change (2009–12) Decrease-3.4%
 • Dwellings 361

Ogilvie Ridge is a residential neighbourhood in south west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada overlooking the Whitemud Creek ravine. It is bounded by the ravine to the east and north. On the west the neighbourhood is bounded by Rabbit Hill Road and on the south by a utility corridor located just north of 29 Avenue.

According to the 2001 federal census, three out of four (76%) of all residences in the neighbourhood were built during the 1980s. Almost all remaining residences (22%) were built after 1990, though a small number (2%) were constructed before 1980.[8]

The most common type of residence in the neighbourhood, according to the 2005 municipal census, is the single-family dwelling. These account for more than four out of every five (83%) of all residences in the neighbourhood. The remaining one in five (17%) are duplexes.[9] All but one of the 358 residences in the neighbourhood was owner occupied.[8]

Demographics[edit]

In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Ogilvie Ridge had a population of 1,001 living in 361 dwellings,[7] a -3.4% change from its 2009 population of 1,036.[10] With a land area of 0.52 km2 (0.20 sq mi), it had a population density of 1,925 people/km2 in 2012.[6][7]

Surrounding neighbourhoods[edit]

References[edit]

  1. ^ a b "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 3, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  2. ^ "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 4, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  3. ^ "The Way We Grow: Municipal Development Plan Bylaw 15100" (PDF). City of Edmonton. 2010-05-26. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 2, 2015. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  4. ^ "City of Edmonton Plans in Effect" (PDF). City of Edmonton. November 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 17, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  5. ^ "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  6. ^ a b "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  7. ^ a b c "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013. 
  8. ^ a b "Ogilvie Ridge - 2005 Municipal Census" (PDF). City of Edmonton. 2005. Retrieved 2017-01-31. 
  9. ^ Duplexes included triplexes and fourplexes.
  10. ^ "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013. 

External links[edit]