Jump to navigation Jump to search
Oglethorpe's Regiment of Foot was an infantry regiment of the British Army formed for service in North America during the War of Jenkins' Ear. It was commanded by James Oglethorpe, first Governor of Georgia.
- René Chartrand (January 2003). Colonial American Troops 1610-1774 (3). Osprey Publishing. p. 18. ISBN 978-1-84176-483-2.
- David Lee Russell (1 January 2006). Oglethorpe and Colonial Georgia: A History, 1733-1783. McFarland. pp. 30–35. ISBN 978-0-7864-2233-3.
- "The Old Forty-Second or Oglethorpe's Regiment of Foot". Colbourn's United Service Magazine, Part III. London: Hurst & Blackett. 1867. pp. 201–212. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- Richard J. Lenz (1 December 2002). Highroad Guide to the Georgia Coast and Okefenokee. John F. Blair, Publisher. p. 244. ISBN 978-0-89587-281-4.
- Cashin 2009, pp. 79–80.
- Foote 1966, p. 314.
- Cashin, Edwar J. (2009). Guardians of the Valley. The University of South Carolina Press.
- Foote, William Alfred (1966). The American Independent Companies of the British Army 1664-1764. Thesis - University of California, Los Angeles.
|This United Kingdom military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|