Kuzmić (with ball) performs a hook shot
|No. 21 – Panathinaikos Athens|
|League||Greek Basket League
May 16, 1990 |
Doboj, SR Bosnia and Herzegovina
|Nationality||Serbian / Bosnian|
|Listed height||7 ft 0 in (2.13 m)|
|Listed weight||251 lb (114 kg)|
|NBA draft||2012 / Round: 2 / Pick: 52nd overall|
|Selected by the Golden State Warriors|
|2007–2008||Borac Banja Luka|
|2011–2012||→ Clínicas Rincón Benahavís|
|2012–2013||→ FIATC Joventut|
|2013–2015||Golden State Warriors|
|2013–2015||→ Santa Cruz Warriors|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Ognjen Kuzmić (Serbian Cyrillic: Огњен Кузмић, IPA: [ǒɡɲen kûzmit͡ɕ]; born May 16, 1990) is a Serbian professional basketball player who plays for Panathinaikos of the Greek Basket League. Standing at 7 ft 0 in (2.13 m), he plays at the center position. He was selected with the 52nd overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft by the Golden State Warriors.
Kuzmić started his senior career in Borac Banja Luka and the first basketball steps began in Findo Doboj. After one season, he left to play for Korihait in the Finnish league. In 2010, he returned to Bosnia to play for KK Čelik Zenica.
On September 27, 2013, he signed with the Golden State Warriors. During his rookie and sophomore seasons, he had multiple assignments with the Santa Cruz Warriors of the NBA Development League, earning a mention to the All-NBA Development League Defensive Third Team and winning a D-League championship during the 2014–15 season. To add to his D-League title, he was part of Golden State's championship winning team who defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers in the 2015 NBA Finals. Kuzmić failed to appear in any post-season action due to a recurring left ankle injury.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
|†||Denotes season in which Kuzmić won an NBA championship|
Being a Bosnian Serb, Kuzmić was eligible to play either for Bosnia or Serbia. In May 2013, he turned down a call-up from Bosnia's head coach Aleksandar Petrović for EuroBasket 2013 training camp. In May 2014, Kuzmić publicly stated his desire to play for the Serbian national basketball team. He was on Serbia's training camp roster prior to 2014 FIBA World Cup, but an injury ruled him out.
Kuzmić represented Serbia for the first time at the EuroBasket 2015 under head coach Aleksandar Đorđević. In the first phase of the tournament, Serbia dominated in the toughest Group B with 5-0 record, and then eliminated Finland and Czech Republic in the round of 16 and quarterfinal game, respectively. However, they were stopped in the semifinal game by Lithuania with 67–64, and eventually lost to the host team France in the bronze-medal game with 81–68. Over 9 tournament games, Kuzmić averaged 3.1 points and 3.0 rebounds on 50% shooting from the field.
- Badalona adds size with Ognjen Kuzmic
- Warriors Sign 2012 Second Round Pick Ognjen Kuzmic to Contract
- 2013-14 NBA Assignments
- 2014-15 NBA Assignments
- "NBA Development League Announces 2014-15 All-League Teams". NBA.com. April 22, 2015. Retrieved April 26, 2015.
- "Title Wave: Santa Cruz Wins NBA D-League Championship". NBA.com. April 26, 2015. Retrieved April 26, 2015.
- Warriors C Ognjen Kuzmic cleared to play in conference finals
- "Panathinaikos inks center Kuzmic to two-year deal". Euroleague.net. 27 July 2015. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- Kuzmić ne želi nositi dres Bosne i Hercegovine u Sloveniji
- NBA pojačanje: Ognjen Kuzmić igra za Srbiju!
- Šljivak, M. (13 May 2014). "Kuzmić izabrao Srbiju ispred BiH". sportsport.ba (in Serbian). Retrieved 25 June 2015.
- "AMBITIOUS SERBIA UNVEIL POWERFUL 12-MAN SQUAD". eurobasket2015.org. 2 September 2015. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- "LITHUANIA END SERBIAN STREAK, RETURN TO FINAL". eurobasket2015.org. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "FRANCE REWARD HOME SUPPORT WITH BRONZE". eurobasket2015.org. 20 September 2015. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Player profile: Ognjen Kuzmic". eurobasket2015.org. FIBA Europe. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- Career statistics and player information from Basketball-Reference.com
- Ognjen Kuzmić at acb.com
- Ognjen Kuzmić at draftexpress.com
- Ognjen Kuzmić at espn.com
- Ognjen Kuzmić at eurobasket.com
- Ognjen Kuzmić at euroleague.net
- Ognjen Kuzmić at feb.es