Ožegović with Partizan in 2017
|Full name||Ognjen Ožegović|
|Date of birth||9 June 1994|
|Place of birth||Gradiška, Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
(on loan from Partizan)
|Borac Banja Luka|
|–2012||Red Star Belgrade|
|2012–2013||Red Star Belgrade||4||(0)|
|2012||→ Banat Zrenjanin (loan)||14||(2)|
|2013||→ Voždovac (loan)||8||(1)|
|2018–||→ Arsenal Tula (loan)||2||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 29 September 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 1 September 2017
Ognjen Ožegović (Serbian Cyrillic: Огњен Ожеговић, pronounced [ǒɡɲen oʒêɡoʋitɕ, - ǒʒeː-]; born 9 June 1994) is a Serbian professional footballer who plays as a striker for Russian club FC Arsenal Tula on loan from Partizan.
Born in Gradiška, Ožegović made his first football steps with the local club Kozara and later he moved to Borac Banja Luka. Subsequently, Ožegović went through the youth setup at Red Star Belgrade, where captained a team for a period. He was initially sent out on loan to Banat Zrenjanin (2012), and then to Voždovac (2013), in order to gain experience. In early 2014, Ožegović terminated his contract with Red Star. He subsequently signed a six-month deal with Rad, helping them avoid relegation from the top flight in the 2013–14 campaign.
In the 2014–15 season, Ožegović played for Jagodina (fall) and Borac Čačak (spring). He scored six times for the latter side, including a long-range volley in a 3–1 win over his former club Jagodina, securing him the Goal of the Season award. In July 2015, Ožegović signed a three-year contract with Vojvodina. He netted seven league goals for the side, including a bicycle kick in a 2–0 win against Javor Ivanjica that earned him the Goal of the Season award for the second time in a row. He also scored a twice in the first leg of the third qualifying round for UEFA Europa League, in 4–0 away vicory over Sampdoria.
On 31 August 2016, Ožegović signed a one-year contract with Čukarički. He scored a total of 16 goals in 25 league appearances over the course of the 2016-17 season. In addition to the regular season, Ožegović was prolific in Čukarički's 2016–17 Serbian Cup campaign, scoring in the second round against Javor and in the second leg of the semi-final against Red Star Belgrade.
On 31 August 2017, Ožegović joined Partizan. He signed a three-year contract and was given the number 51 shirt. He made his debut for the club on 9 September 2017, against Mladost Lučani. He scored his first goal for Partizan on 17 September 2017 against Radnički Niš in a 3–1 home league victory.
On 28 September 2017, he recorded his first European goals after found the back of the net in a 2–3 home loss to Dynamo Kyiv in 2017–18 UEFA Europa League group stage second match. He also scored goal in 2–1 home victory over Young Boys, on 26 November, as Partizan advanced to the knockout stage after 13 years.
Ožegović made his official debut for the Serbia U17s at the 2011 UEFA European Under-17 Championship. He subsequently represented Serbia at the 2013 UEFA European Under-19 Championship, as the team won the tournament. Four years later, Ožegović was named in the final 23-man squad for the 2017 UEFA European Under-21 Championship.
In an interview for mondo.rs in summer 2017, he said that his dream was to win a title with Red Star and celebrate such accomplishment in front of the north stand, where Red Star most passionate supporters Delije always stand. He also said that his dream did not come truth while he played at Red Star because of club policy at time, which, in his words, favoured "players from Ghana and Uganda over Red Star children." Just as notice, at time of this interview, by mid July 2017, no player from Uganda ever played any official game for Red Star. When by late August that summer he became a potential transfer target of Partizan by the media, many Partizan supporters were against their club signing him. Finally, Ožegović signed with Partizan on last day of the summer transfer window. During the official promotion at new club, sports director Ivica Iliev said that Ožegović started playing football with Partizan. Several days later in interview for Sportski žurnal, Ožegović explained that he spent three months training with the club at the age of 13.
- As of 25 July 2018
|Red Star Belgrade||2011–12||SuperLiga||0||0||0||0||0||0||—||0||0|
|Banat Zrenjanin (loan)||2012–13||First League||14||2||—||—||—||14||2|
|Changchun Yatai||2016||Super League||9||0||0||0||—||—||9||0|
- As of 29 September 2016
- Red Star Belgrade
- "òganj". Hrvatski jezični portal (in Serbo-Croatian). Retrieved 2018-03-17.
- "òžeći". Hrvatski jezični portal (in Serbo-Croatian). Retrieved 2018-03-17.
- "Ognjen Ožegović: Zvezda nekorektna". Glas Srpske (in Serbian). 15 February 2014. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "Ognjen Ožegović: Zvezdin dres je svetinja". Kurir (in Serbian). 25 May 2013. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "Ožegović, ipak, u Banatu" (in Serbian). mondo.rs. 11 July 2012. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- "Ožegović iz Zvezde u Voždovac" (in Serbian). sportskacentrala.com. 19 August 2013. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- "Zvezda raskinula ugovore sa trojicom igrača" (in Serbian). mondo.rs. 13 February 2014. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- "Čistka u Zvezdi: Mihajlović u Slobodi, Jokić i Čikić u BSK, Ožegović u Radu, Vesić i Arauho blizu Spartaka..." mozzartsport.com (in Serbian). 15 February 2014. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "Ognjen Ožegović u Jagodini". jedan-nula.com (in Serbian). 29 August 2014. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "Ognjen Ožegović novi igrač Borca". mediaportal.rs (in Serbian). 28 January 2015. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "Gol sezone postigao je – Ognjen Ožegović VIDEO!". mondo.ba (in Serbian). 25 May 2015. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "Potpisao Ožegović". FK Vojvodina official website (in Serbian). 8 July 2015. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "Вијеира и Божовић најбољи, Ожеговић постигао најлепши гол". Radio Television of Serbia (in Serbian). 16 May 2016. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "Ожеговић: Дао сам га као на песку, Звезда је за мене затворена књига". Sportski žurnal (in Serbian). 4 August 2015. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "Ognjen Ožegović prešao u Čangčun Jatai". FK Vojvodina official website (in Serbian). 26 February 2016. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "Novosti: Ožegović godinu dana u Čukaričkom" (in Serbian). August 31, 2016. Retrieved August 31, 2017.
- Dragan Todorović (October 26, 2016). "Politika: Ožegović odveo Čukarički u četvrtfinale Kupa" (in Serbian). Retrieved August 31, 2017.
- Katarina Ivanović (May 9, 2017). "Politika: Čukaričkom pobeda, Zvezdi finale" (in Serbian). Retrieved August 31, 2017.
- "Oгњен Ожеговић девета летња аквизиција црно-белих". FK Partizan official website (in Serbian). 31 August 2017. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- - Partizan – Mladost Lučani 3:0 at FK Partizan official website, 9-9-2017 (in Serbian)
- - Partizan – Radnički Niš 3:1 at FK Partizan official website, 17-9-2017 (in Serbian)
- Партизан — Динамо 2:3 Видео голов и обзор матча
- "Partizan zimuje u Evropi! [VIDEO+FOTO]" (in Serbian). sportskacentrala.com. 23 November 2017. Retrieved 26 November 2017.
- "Црвена звезда - Партизан 2:1 (2:0)". FK Partizan official website (in Serbian). 14 April 2018. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "ОГНЕН ОЖЕГОВИЧ СТАЛ КАНОНИРОМ" [Ognjen Ožegović became a Cannoneer] (in Russian). FC Arsenal Tula. 4 September 2018.
- "Luković strike seals first Serbia triumph". uefa.com. 1 August 2013. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- ""Орлићи" срећно у Пољској". Football Association of Serbia (in Serbian). 7 June 2017. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "Ožegović: Meč u Kataru veliko iskustvo" (in Serbian). B92. 1 October 2016. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- Ognjen Ožegović: Neke štopere bih i ja ujeo at mondo.rs, 15–7–2017, retrieved 30–8–2017, (in Serbian)
- List of Red Star Belgrade footballers by August 1, 2017
- ČUKARIČKI: Ožegović za 500.000 evra i procente! at mondo.rs, 30–8–2017 (in Serbian)
- "Исповест Огњена Ожеговића за Журнал: Живео сам за сликање у Партизану!". Sportski žurnal (in Serbian). 3 September 2017. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- Ognjen Ožegović at Soccerway
- "Ognjen Ožegović". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman.
- "Огњен Ожеговић: „Пријатељи" ми окренули леђа! Звезда ме уназадила!". Sportski žurnal (in Serbian). 7 January 2018. Retrieved 7 January 2018.