The station entrance in March 2012
|Location||Ogose, Ogose-machi, Iruma-gun, Saitama-ken 350-0416
|Platforms||2 island platforms|
|Station code||TJ-47 (Tobu)|
|Opened||15 April 1933|
Ogose Station is served by the single-track Hachikō Line between Komagawa and Takasaki, and also forms the terminus of the 10.9 km Tobu Ogose Line single-track branch from Sakado. The station lies 8.5 km from the starting point of the Hachikō Line at Komagawa.
The station consists of two island platforms for Tobu and JR East respectively. The JR East platform serves only one track since the removal of the track on platform 1 in April 2013 to allow construction of a passenger lift. An additional storage track is located on the east side of the Tobu platform. The station has a JR Midori no Madoguchi staffed ticket office.
The toilets located on the north end of the Tobu platform were removed in 2013 when the platform was lengthened as part of the work to add lift access to the platforms.
|2||■ Hachiko Line||for Ogawamachi, Yorii, and Takasaki
|3/4||■ Tobu Ogose Line||for Kawakado and Sakado|
|Tobu Ogose Line|
From 17 March 2012, station numbering was introduced on the Tobu Ogose Line, with Ogose Station becoming "TJ-47".
In 2013, construction work started to add lift access between the platforms and the station entrance. This entailed lifting the track serving platform 1, removal of the toilet block at the north end of the Tobu platform, and lengthening the Tobu platform by one car length to the north.
In fiscal 2014, the JR East station was used by an average of 738 passengers daily (boarding passengers only). The Tobu station was used by an average of 3,851 passengers daily. The passenger figures for previous years are as shown below. (JR East figures are for boarding passengers only.)
|Fiscal year||JR East||Tobu|
- Saitama Prefectural Ogose High School
- "Ogose Station Information" (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. Retrieved 26 December 2010.
- "Ogose Station Information" (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 26 December 2010.
- 日本国有鉄道停車場一覧 [JNR Station Directory]. Japan: Japanese National Railways. 1985. p. 56. ISBN 4-533-00503-9.
- Terada, Hirokazu (July 2002). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 200. ISBN 4-87366-874-3.
- 「東武スカイツリーライン」誕生！ あわせて駅ナンバリングを導入し、よりわかりやすくご案内します [Tobu Sky Tree Line created! Station numbering to be introduced at same time] (pdf). Tobu News (in Japanese). Tobu Railway. 9 February 2012. Retrieved 22 March 2012.
- "Question and Answer" (pdf). Ogose Council Newsletter (in Japanese). Ogose, Japan: Ogose Town Council. 1 June 2012. p. 8. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- 各駅の乗車人員 （2014年度） [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2014)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2015. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- 駅情報（乗降人員） [Station information: Passenger figures] (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. 2015. Archived from the original on 20 February 2016. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- 各駅の乗車人員 （2000年度） [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2000)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 21 July 2013.
- 各駅の乗車人員 （2005年度） [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2005)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 21 July 2013.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2010年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2010)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 21 July 2013.
- 駅情報（乗降人員） [Station information: Passenger figures] (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. 2011. Archived from the original on 5 April 2012. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ogose Station.|