Ogre (video game)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Apple II cover art
|Platform(s)||Apple II, Amiga, Atari 8-bit, Atari ST, Commodore 64, MS-DOS, Macintosh|
inCider in 1986 rated Ogre with three stars out of four. Info gave the Commodore 64 version three-plus stars out of five, stating that "the real fun is you against the computer" despite the "limited" graphics and sound. The magazine approved of the user interface, and recommended the "very nice" game to those new to battle simulations. Computer Gaming World rated Ogre three stars out of five in a 1992 survey of science fiction games and two-plus stars in a 1994 survey, and ranked it #130 in the magazine's 1996 list of 150 Best Games of All Time.
Tim Robinson reviewed Ogre in Space Gamer/Fantasy Gamer No. 81. Robinson commented that "This is a great game, well worth buying and playing extensively. The computer Ogre is great competition and there are options to play against a human opponent. I can highly recommend this game."
- Stanoch, John (August 1987). "Ogre". Antic (Review). 6 (4): 27.
- "Release Information for Ogre". MobyGames. Retrieved 2008-02-27.
- Brooks, M. Evan (May 1994). "Never Trust A Gazfluvian Flingschnogger!". Computer Gaming World. pp. 42–58.
- Murphy, Brian J. (December 1986). "Game Room". inCider. pp. 169–170. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- Dunnington, Benn; Brown, Mark R.; Malcolm, Tom (January–February 1987). "64/128 Gallery". Info. pp. 14–21.
- Brooks, M. Evan (1992–2011). "Strategy & Wargames: The Future (2000-....)". Computer Gaming World. p. 99. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- "150 Best Games of All Time". Computer Gaming World. November 1996. pp. 64–80. Retrieved 25 March 2016.
- Robinson, Tim (1987). "Ogre". Space Gamer/Fantasy Gamer. Diverse Talents, Incorporated (81): 43.
- Ogre at Lemon 64
- Ogre for the Atari ST at Atari Mania
- Ogre for the Atari 8-bit family at Atari Mania
|This video game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|